I can't believe they shut down TOP (The other Place)

“It’s a totally different head. Totally.”

It took a lot of Internet searching to figure out what you were even talking about, OP.

It seems that the site topix.com is perfectly fine. They’ve been shutting down forums throughout the year, as noted on our board. It seems they’ve finally also shut down the “Local” portion.

According to that other thread, the Local section was full of junk posts, with most people not even caring. And, as such, it seems very few are talking about the actual closure.

To the OP: even the big “Free speech” advocates on this board tend to be okay with Alex Jones being taken off of those sites. This is a board about fighting ignorance, and Alex Jones was a big source of that with his conspiracy junk that even he doesn’t actually believe. And we’re fine with sites having terms of service.

When Twitter is going out of its way to keep you on, and then you go up and harass the guy in charge, you’re gonna get shut down. I tend to think Jones wanted that to happen, given how he’s said that the character he plays is an act (when trying to keep his kids).

There’s maybe some argument for some sort of protection, which we have discussed, but not for Alex Jones. Not when he harasses shooting victims. Not when he forms doxxing mobs.

If you’re looking for intelligent discussion on topics, this is as good a place as many. If you’re looking for junk posts or people who are sympathetic to that stuff, then this is not the place for you.

And if you need a space to discuss things with people in your area, see if your area has a subreddit.

You got nannied by BigT already. Enjoy your stay.

Fuck off, asshole. And try reading for comprehension.

I think OP has decided to move along.

But first you must take a poll before you leave!

I don’t think I generally run in the same circles as Alex Jones types. My conservative friends would be more in the Bush/Romney/McCain mould, not the “colloidal silver cures autism!” type.

It crossed my mind that it could be a sock for someone with a bone to pick with you, using a similar name to cause confusion.

Ah, the “Actual Conservatives”. Damn, I miss them…
I was thinking she picked RavenSong because she had a crush on someone with a similar name…

Thank you for this. I miss Johnny Slash.

If called upon, I will do my level best to out-weird him.

Glad that you got it, Andy. I miss Johnny too.

I understood the principles, but could never do the math.

Us folks of a certain age need to stick together.

And “of a certain age” is now younger than I. I feel extra old. :frowning: