I Don't Have A Topic, But Here's The MMP

We never went camping. Roughing it meant no room service! :smiley: Actually, we didn’t have a stay-at-a-hotel vacation till 1964 when we went to the World’s Fair, and after that, not again till maybe 5 years later. It was just too expensive.

However, for a lot of years, **FCD **and I would take the boat out for up to 2 weeks at a time, so it was sorta like the RV version of camping.

Oh yeah - I’m home. Supper is Hamburger Helper Stroganoff, jazzed up with onions, mushrooms, and green peas. It’s not great, but it was quick and easy, so there’s that.

Howdy Y’all! I defilthyfied da cave and then had some quality cee-mint pond time this afternoon as it turned out to be a nice day. Not quite as hyooooooomid as usual even. There are some scattered tstorms in the area so we may get one or two this evenin’. Fine by me. Tacos were good.

{{{StickyBuns}}} ::tacklehug:: LTNS! Come back and play. Hope the weddin’ plannin’ goes well and sans Bridezillas and Groomonsters.

It’s quick, easy, and customizable (sp). I use cream instead of milk.

I looked at the half-n-half in the fridge, but stuck with the milk.

You had a cot?! I’m just happy we had a tent.

My tent was so small that my feet hung out the bottom of it.

If it rained I got soaked because it is true that if you touch the inside of the tent the rain will leak in.

You had a tent? All we had was a cardboard box! And we liked it!
:rolleyes:

It’s 93 Merikan degrees outside right now, and full on sun. :cool:
I just got through watering the melons and maters and stuff. Whew!

I used to go camping when I was younger. It wasn’t something my family did, but after I left ‘home’ I fell in with a more adventuresome crowd.
These days I have enough trouble sleeping in a comfy bed. Not gonna lay onnna ground. No siree!

Helpful hint: If you pitch your tent in a gully, and it starts to rain, move your tent!
Errr, so I’m told. :o

**Wifey ** and I do occasionally look at little travel trailers however. Haven’t bought one yet though. We like the looks of this one. Now all we need to do is win the lottery. :smiley:

Homeless, bumba, you were homeless not camping. :smiley:

metal mouse, maybe we should have a Mumpfest at teh JD distillery.

George, I’ve been to Fall Mills Falls! It was nice.

Juliet, I grew up camping. If you’re putting Romeo, Jr in a sleeping bag at the end of July, no wonder he would want out! Make a pallet inside the tent, either on the floor of it or an air mattress, make sure he has a sheet to cover up with and he’ll be fine. What has always worked for the groups that I’ve camped with is that each preschool child had an assigned adult, kids older than that could hang with the teens or adults as a group and everybody stays safe.

Hiya, sticky!

Well, Copper is leaving tomorrow. After a day of trying to straighten out the rent check mess, I came home to the carpet in my bedroom being torn up for about a foot inside the door. I sent pics to her owner and told him that the choice was to spend every day, all day with her or pick her up. He’s picking her up. She’s a sweetheart as long as there’s a human around, but a basket case when left alone.

My family never went camping. It was something people on the south side of Chicago just did not do. I went camping with the Girl Scouts and can’t say I enjoyed it. I have no interest in ever doing it. Ursala Kitteh is now lounging on MY chair. Red, remind me of Copper’s backstory. Why is she with you?

My family is all right, thank goodness.

::brings Super soaker to cee-mint pond:: :cool:

You had a cardboard box? We found a big rock; & we liked it!

Howsabout a virtual Mumperfest?
::grabs bottle::
::swigs:: :smiley:
I bought a 6-person, 2-sided (3 & 3 w/ inner partition) tent, figgering OBL would get his own half so that we might be able to sleep. :rolleyes: Never got to use it, though. :frowning:

wet one, Copper’s family is in the process of moving and had a gap of two weeks between places. They originally asked if I could take all three dogs and the cat while they were in a suite hotel, but I said no. I did volunteer to try with Copper. She does have abandonment issues, which I didn’t know about before taking her on. She destroyed the window blinds in the bedroom and now has destroyed about a foot of the carpet. Anyway, her owner called another friend and she came to pick her up.

From now on, any canine visitors must come attatched to their humans. :slight_smile: Actually, Sis will be here this weekend with Nelson’s mother and brother. However, she’ll be taking care of them and Nelson has spent enough time with them, even since he’s been with me, that I don’t forsee any problems.

For me, camping out these days are in nice hotels. The one in Beijing had a toilet (Japanese made) with a built in bidet…you had a control panel to make it work. That’s my idea of roughing it…

Will pack up dishes tomorrow (did put the boxes together so there’s that. Need to take some ‘before’ pictures so I can compare them to the ‘after’ remodeling.

Red, I’m game for a Jack Daniels trip, but you can’t sample or buy any of the product, as the county it’s located in is Dry (means no booze sold there).

Midget, glad family is OK.

I am glad. :slight_smile:

You can definitely sample some JD on their tours. They have one called the Dry County tour that has no tasting, but the other four current offerings have tastings.

And they do sell special commemorative bottles. Oh dear, someone wasn’t paying attention and put the commemorative bottles into the bottling line. You’re free to leave the contents in the bottle. :cool:

Worked a double.

I wnet camping at the beach once. With Gordie and a 180lbs GSD mix that hated noises. And the drunks three tents down were setting fireworks off all night.:smack:

Hey sticky! Hanging in there.

I’d go back. And do the “wet” tour.:slight_smile:

I’m glad.

My parents called it a mattress, what it actually was was a yoga mat on a diet with delusions of grandeur. I swear they made the ground harder.

By the way, the word ‘cot’ in England is exclusively used for a baby bed, especially one with sides so said baby can’t climb out.
Actually slept OK and awoke at a sane time today, with a bit more energy. I have irk this evening, but I should actually manage to get some things done today.

Liquid precip continues - lots of flash flood advisories all over the place. There’s a little creek in Leonardtown that was up over its banks and into the adjacent parking lot - it’s only the second time in 14 years that I’ve seen that happen! I’m so glad we live on one of the higher lots in our neighborhood - a couple of places are now waterfront properties! I’m also glad we got the area outside the basement graded and cemented - no more flooding down there - huzzah!

Not sure what today will bring - it’s just another day in paradise! Happy Tuesday!!

Fine, I’ll talk to myself then.

Further harassment of Uni has been rendered unnecessary; they finally sent grades today. Whether this had anything to do with me emailing anyone I could think of, or if that was like repeatedly pressing the ‘summon lift’ button, I don’t know.

Pretty happy with them in the main; one or two things I should have done a bit better on, but as they have a slightly weird way of calculating the final grade, they shouldn’t affect it anyway.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 71 Amurrkin out and partly cloudy, whatever that means, with a predicted high of 88, mostly cloudy, again, whatever that means, and a chance of rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon/evenin’. It’s laundry day. Rah. We shall sup upon poke loin and whatever vegetative matter I decide upon. The poke loin shall be placed in the slow cooker shortly. Got a couple errands that need doin’ but would rather do 'em tomorrow as tomorrow I shall be forced, forced, I say, to be about the public.

Midget glad the family is OK.

My idea of campin’ is a hotel with no room service.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, well, laundry awaits! Woo and Hoo.

Happy Tuesday Y’all!