I forget, do we have a general HurricaneDitka Pit thread?

If you put them on “ignore” then you won’t see their posts anywhere (except in a post where someone quotes them). But The Pit and the political threads are where they ply their trade. So I don’t understand this

^^I think he means telling others to put him on ignore can only be said here in the Pit. You can’t tell people to put someone on ignore elsewhere without getting in trouble.

I’m a little disappointed your comment wasn’t deliberate, because it’s an excellent point. We all have blind spots, and I think this is squarely in Bone’s. A couple women mods would provide a much-needed different perspective. And I think it was valuable to call attention to that fact.

Oh, okay.

I wish I could claim such razor-sharp wit, but this was purely accidental! I agree that the board really should make a point of getting women mods.

We need a quota on mods based on the assumption that different demographics think differently? That’s not good.

It’s always the old white guy who thinks theirs is the only important perspective.

I didn’t really read your post but my opinion matters the most, which is that the opinion of old white men matter the most.

Feel free to continue yammering until I interrupt to tell you the way things really are.

Well, speaking for myself, and beyond the mere affect inherent to a troll’s troll posts ; lies the problem of bullshit and its asymmetry. If you just let these asshats drop their deuce in a debate and that deuce is not addressed, then it can be seen by a reader as unchallenged, ergo valid take or opinion ; which lets silent holders of similar opinions comfort themselves in their own shit being valid. The turd keeps floating in the metaphorical punchbowl, and who wants to drink punch from a bowl that has a giant turd floating in it ? At worst it can even become “HA ! Teh libz just can’t dispute The Truth !” (see: creationists lauding Duane Gish as a feared debater of epic skills and undisputed worth because after a while non-creationists simply refused to speak with that disingenuous asscozy).

So engaging feels like a form of community self-defence, or defending the integrity of the debate, or just performing for the benefit of an unseen, possibly imagined audience.

And yet, because debunking multifaceted bullshit takes effort and cites and so on ; but the production of multifaceted bullshit merely involves parroting nonsense, the relative effort of trolling vs. sincerity is super lopsided, which means the bad faith take always “wins” by exhaustion in an open-ended discussion format.
I don’t know how this equation can be solved short of just kicking bad faith arguers out.

That might be the case for some subset of trolls, but **HD **employs language and rhetoric tricks that are too close to legit far-right, Breitbart chugging shit-for-brains that I have no problem assuming he’s sincere in his shitheadery and disruption. He does it with an agenda beyond the mere lulz. It’s bad faith with an agenda. **octopus **is the same although with a more openly antagonistic bent, a lesser focus on sealioning.

IOW: Up with this, I will not put!

“Asscozy” :smiley:

Hmmm, more “This is shit up with which shall not be put”. Because it’s not about the I, it’s about the shitness :smiley:

You French just love you “être” verbs. :wink:

I’ve been trying to get down
To the heart of the matter
But my arguments get weak
And my thoughts seem to scatter
But I think it’s about
The shitness, the shitness
Even if, even if you don’t pit me anymore

Referring HD here for my reply to his comment in the impeachment thread, since the subject is now off-limits in that thread.

Hurricane Ditka:

The removal of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Viktor Shokin, was supported by the European Union (EU), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the G-7 ambassadors, and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).

Do you believe that they were working together in a conspiracy with Joe Biden to protect Hunter Biden and Burisma Holdings?

He’s too chicken shit to respond in the Pit. Start a non pit thread for him to ignore.

Is there any evidence that Shokin was attempting to investigate Burisma before his firing? I ask because haven’t seen any.

I’m not sure he can take his theory any further without invoking the Illuminati or a global conspiracy.

Bloomberg (Article limit/paywall):

Let him show us. Either how chicken shit, or how full of shit he is.

Someone please respond to HD in the current misogyny thread with something like this…im too drunk and fear being warned…

Maybe you need to do some self reflection on how you express yourself? Everyone does from time to time. I know I make a drunken idiot out of myself here all the time; politics threads, game threads, you name it. But i try to be direct and to the point. With you, it always feels you are dancing around the point. Just say what it is you are trying to say. Stop making us “guess” your “intent”. Because it sounds like your intents are pretty un-empathetic, to put it mildly.