I have a microphone. Now what?

Okay, I wasn’t sure if this should be moved to General Questions or not since it seemed to be a stupid question, but shoot.

I have a microphone on the computer. What I want to know is, how can I make sound files? What program on my computer do I use and how do I go about doing this?

For short, simple files just use the Windows sound recorder (assuming you have Windows). Just open the start menu and go to programs>acessories>entertainment and it will be there. Or somewhere else in accessories.

Goldwave, is priceless, and timeless, in my opinion.

http://www.goldwave.com

It’s fairly easy to get the hang of even if you’re a complete novice–and for such a small package, it has an incredible amount of versatility.

I am of course assuming that you’re using a Windows-style OS. I don’t know if Goldwave has a utility for any other kind.

-Ashley

Hey, thanks guys! I found the sound recorder so far…but it only plays like 25 seconds and then stops! How can that be changed?

Ash, I’ll get to that link right away!

Well, now that I have it working (sort of), what do you want me to sing? :smiley:

“I’m a lit-tle Welf-y short and stout, here my whis-tle see me spout.”

:smiley:

Check your email.

Oh my…ROFL!!!

That caught me off guard!!

Nice voice BTW :wink:

<wink>

Now’s a good time to prepare that phone sex operator demo tape :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehehehehe…I have to admit, it caught me off guard, too!

I don’t think I’ve sang that song since I was…five? :slight_smile:

Check your email soon, Beagle! The demo is there!

Your career options are plentiful Welfy…feel free to include me as a personal reference on any resume’ :wink:

I want an email too. Use mattb@qn.net , my other email isn’t working.

I want one too! It’s in my profile. I’ll say something for you (I, too, have a mic) :smiley:

When someone has the same silly habits as me, how can I not be curious?

megan.k@home.com

:smiley:

Feel like sending me something? I don’t care what, whatever you choose is fine. A quick hello or whatever. :slight_smile:

Welfy: Click here and send me that song, too!

Wow! This is much fun.
I seem to have a business…
I should charge money. <eg>

Kidding! I’m kidding!
I like to share gifts with you
Whenever poss’ble :slight_smile:

You can e-mail me too Welfy. I’m dying to know how you sound.

Wrong thread, dear Welfy
The haikus thread is elsewhere
But, your singing is cute

You have a really great voice. You’d be perfect for making a children’s album.

strange glance

Or, um, a pop album would work too…