I have promises to keep

He’s a refugee from The Sims! What did you expect? :slight_smile:

Fine, let me amend it to say “all the Dopers who aren’t completely petty assholes”.

God knows the ones who are have no trouble getting their message across.

Regards,
Shodan

many hugs for Scylla It’ll get better. I promise.

Astounding how fast the tides of respect and disdain wash one another away. I guess this thread pretty much did that for me.

Weirddave and Homebrew, go crawl under a rock. Go comfort yourselves with mighty thoughts of righteousness and care not if people think you’re complete assholes. You have yourselves after all.

Scylla, keep running, love.

Be strong, Scylla.

Good luck in all things, Scylla.

Same old drama-queen shit Scylla pulls periodically when he hasn’t had his fill of fawning here lately. Don’t encourage him.

Props to BobNewby for acing the first hole, first time he’s played this course. We don’t have a Post of the Month Award, but maybe we should start.

The headline, of course, would have been “Decomposed Body Found of Dumb Yuppie Lost While Jogging”. Nothing about existential angst. Now get over your whiny little self.

I’d never count myself as a member of the Scylla fan club, perhaps even the opposite. But for fuck’s sake Weirddave, Homebrew, and ElvisL!ves are being complete and utter jagoffs. Of course, I’ve come to expect that from Elvis, but I had no idea dave and homebrew were such petty, pathetic jerks.

Jesus, what a fantastic collection of assholes this thread has accumulated. I know a lot of people have got themselves some gigantic hard-ons for Scylla, but can’t y’all start your own thread for your circle jerk? Coming after him in this thread is tacky in the extreme.

I agree: while I’ve had sometimes vicious disagreements with Scylla in the past, there’s something about kicking a guy when he’s down that just don’t seem right. Take care of yourself, man, and laugh at those you-zombies when they lurch from their shallow graves. They’re deader than they think.

Daniel

That is the funniest thing I have read here in a long time. Get yourself a subscription BobNewby. It might be the straw that tips me to renew.

For all of the folks who insist that the detractors are being jerks, STFU. He should’ve posted in MPSIMS. If it weren’t Scylla posting this crap, you’d be saying the same thing.

Nice shot, **BobNewby[/].

Hamlet, your opinion is worth, well, what? What credibility do you think you’ve earned here?

LHOD, if there was ever someone who reveled in kicking people when they’re down, or even kicking them *until * they’re down, it’s Scylla. Karma’s a bitch, ain’t it?

Did you not read this [quot]ScyllaThere have been family crises, brain surgery, ghosts (not the “booo” chain-rattling kinds, but the other kind, the kind where the corpse of the person you were is disturbed, and does battle with the person you are.) **
I’m not sure a rant about how awful amoht was where someone in the family had brain sugery counts as mundune or pointless. I have no love for Scylla but good god people!

Since when does anyone have to have “credibility” to post? And since when does having a big ol’ postcount mean someone else has more credibility?

I don’t know what’s up or the who/why/whatever about who does or doesn’t like Scylla, but it sounds like there’s enough going on that it’s reasonable to just bite back the nast comments and wish him well. Or shut up, which is sometimes and equally credible choice.

I will never understand why people feel a compulsion to take shots at someone the way I’m seeing here. Even when I get a chance to post about someone I really, REALLY dislike, I figure it’s a good idea to be diplomatic. Or, if I can’t, to just shut my stupid mouth.

Y’know, karma and all that.

Scylla, hang in there.

You might have a point if they were attacking him for the wrong choice of forum. But the fact is they weren’t. They were being petty little shits with chips on their shoulders a mile wide. I had no problem with Gengis Bob pointing out the misplaced forum. But the whiny personal attacks weren’t about that.

What’s my credibility have to do with you being a complete asshole? I’m having a hard time seeing a connection. And, in all honesty, I’d put my credibility up against yours any fucking day.

I don’t wish him ill, but Shodan was presumptuous to state this. That’s what I was commenting on. Besides all the many Dopers who have no opinion on Scylla’s return or absence; there are those who thought “good riddance” after he disappeared when the board when pay. If he’d spoken for himself, I would have rolled my eyes and moved on.

I hope things improve for you, Scylla.

Also, I found BobNewby’s post to be humerous enough. Sometimes shit’s so serious that you have to find a way to not take it so goddamn seriously, at least for a moment.

It sure is–which is exactly why I’m not gonna kick someone when they’re down.

Daniel

Shit I can’t spell I can’t quote–I am furious with you asses. Fine, you don’t like him and you feel the need to bring this up every time his name shows up. We get it. But here there are clearly some big issues that he’s been dealing with.

Would you do this to anyone else here suffering with the same problems? They aren’t self induced.