I haz a sad

I went through some old papers to shred them, and found pay stubs from the job I had to quit under very bad circumstances in early 2012, as well as bills and other paperwork from that time in my life.

It’s something I just didn’t want to be reminded of, and can’t think of any way to cheer myself up. Even that “Negative Celebrity Encounters” thread didn’t do it.

Yeah, I realize things could be a lot worse. But it’s real for me.

:frowning:

Does this help?

S/he wants to be cheered up, not scared to death.

:stuck_out_tongue:

That cat doesn’t look very happy about being painted.

It’s just that all this reminded me of what this did to my colleagues, whom I liked, and in addition it was a terrific company to work for, and on top of it all, the job was literally killing me. It wasn’t a decision made lightly, because I had only worked there 6 months and had moved to a town where I knew absolutely nobody.

Sometimes I think I would like to come out of early retirement, but for now I don’t have to, and whenever I hear people talk about how poorly employers treat them, I keep reminding myself that I’m doing the right thing. At least I don’t have anyone else (human, anyway) depending on me.

I’m thinking that’s Photoshopped. You can tell by the pixels.

When I’m feeling a little down or even just kind of blah, I always find that this cheers me up.

[spoiler]How can anyone feel bad when looking at a rabbit with a pancake on it’s head?

They can’t. No one can. It’s likely the picture in the dictionary for “mirth”![/spoiler]

Watch this.

That’s much better than the scary-ass clown cat.

Dammit, Bo. Now I want pancakes.

… And, possibly, stewed rabbit.

ETA: Early retirement? That’s not near heaven. It IS heaven. (I’m at work while typing this … ) That said, I hope you soon haz no sad.

I realized that I sold my house 2 years ago today. Maybe that was a factor. Anniversary reactions really do happen.

In between, I had to be domiciled somewhere because I had a contract job at a startup that I realized almost immediately was not the job for me, because (among other things) the regular employees weren’t getting paid. :mad: The interview with the disastrous job was just a week later, and yes, I moved twice in 2 months. Let’s not go there; it was as bad as it sounded.

As for early retirement, I worry about getting really sick, my health insurance not paying or getting cancelled (I’m buying my own) and running out of money.

This evening, I have to go to a meeting for a charity organization I signed up for, and if I’m lucky, I won’t come out of there feeling like there went 1 1/2 hours of my life that I won’t be getting back. :rolleyes:

Anniversary reactions: true dat. True dat!

The meeting was actually quite productive, and I’m eating a hot fudge sundae right now, so life is somewhat better.

:slight_smile: