"I hope you're not one of those guys..."

Emphasis added. Well, that’s one way of eliminating the problem completely. :smiley:

Why shouldn’t it matter? If women are allowed to have a preference about this, I think men can too. Might end up being a dealbreaker either way in some relationships I guess.

Sorry, nope nope nope. You couldn’t pay me enough. Nothing is more of a turn off than blood during sex. I couldn’t do it even if I wanted to, because even thinking about blood makes it a challenge to, ah, get my flag up.

It horrifies me that some guys LIKE this stuff, but whatever floats your boat.

I see what you did there.

I’ve earned red wings and not sure what would entice me back for seconds…

I agree with this. When it comes to sex, “normal” is just an assumed guideline. Be open minded to trying new things within reason, but never be goaded into doing something you know for sure you don’t like, or don’t even want to try. Dating is all about testing compatibility. You’ve got some new information about this pairing.

And honestly, my big concern would be her response to your hesitation. To snort out a contemptuous comparison rather than being concerned and interested about your preferences? It’s like she was daring you to want something different than what she wanted, and intimating that it would make you undesirable (in general, rather than just to her). Hmmmmnnn. Heads up.

I do, but out of courtesy I only openly request when I’m either very at the start or at the end, when the flow is at the minimal and there is a good chance nothing will even show up. At least with my current partner, with others I’ve done it even on the heavier days. Sorta of… if I don’t get it that often, I’m not going to let some flow get in the way. And my current partner, if he notices he’s doing it during my periods, at least rationalizes it is light enough that it doesn’t count.

That said, I do dislike guys who do not want to touch a woman at all during that time. No cuddling, no affection, nothing. And worse if they mention they don’t want reciprocate but would like a blowjob themselves. Current partner got extra points when he mentioned that he wouldn’t want one precisely because he found it unfair.

Softcup - a menstrual cup that sits higher up so you can have clean sex. You’re welcome.

As long as the blood isn’t mine, I don’t mind. I can still remember my first menstrual experience. I turned on the lights and the bedroom looked like an abattoir.:eek:

I so want to try this. :smiley:

I can absolutely recommend it! I much prefer them over the moon cup kind (“shouldn’t be able to feel it” my arse - there’s a giant thing sitting right in my vag, of course I can feel it!) They’re not quite as reliable as moon cups, but they’re still good.

I think that one is more common in Britain.

Woman here, I don’t like to have sex during my period, but not so much because of the perceived ickiness of blood, but because I just don’t generally feel well or sexy during my period and I just want to curl up and sleep.

I don’t like to have sex during my period. Blood is gross. That being said, there are options.

Love the term, AngelSoft! And yeah, it’s been only 2 years behind me but I’m still thankful. I was so looking forward to the end of monthly bloodsplosions that I considered throwing myself a menopause party. I ended up not doing it, but… well, I’m still happy as a pig in mud to be done with the entire mess.

Back on topic, I did “engage” a few times, with a towel of course. It does sort of act like extra lube. If you can get over the fact that you’re bleeding like an accident victim.

I think you might have been doing it wrong.:slight_smile:

No, really. There was a bloody hand-print on the wall above the headboard!

Did you lick it clean?

Oh, that. Yeah, I can see how that happened.

I was picturing a lot more blood and three more walls.

Guy here. I’ve never understood why period sex should be a big deal. Sure, you take some precautions to avoid straining the mattress, but sex is a fairly messy affair anyway. I don’t see that blood is worse than everything else going on down there.

It’s nice to know ahead of time though. Once, my wife’s period started while we were having sex. It was a surprise to both of us, and a bit of a mess to clean up. It was a much bigger issue to her than to me, though. I was of the opinion we should just take it to the shower, or put a towel down and get back to it, but she wanted to stop and do laundry.

I will wade in Red River, but won’t drink from it.