I just noticed the archives...

… and I’ve got three threads in the General Questions section!

I didn’t know anyone cared.

Voted Best Sport
And narrowly averted the despised moniker Smiley Master

Forward deployed until 18AUG00

On duty tonite chiefy?

Give your children these two things: One is roots, the other, wings - Wally Wally He’s our Man

It’s 12:30 p.m. over here in Greece…

Voted Best Sport

Well, 12:23…

Voted Best Sport

Ahem… silly me, lack of sleep, daylight savings, etc. etc. ok ok no excuse other than I can’t calculate time. Hope things are well!

Give your children these two things: One is roots, the other, wings - Wally Wally He’s our Man

You’re kidding, right? How in the name of Ghod could we possibly create an archive of General Questions threads without including the legendary shoe polish question?

Mostly, for now, we’re just throwing old, big threads over there to try to speed up the board and reduce crashes. But I did a search for Shoe Polish (and for threads in which Cecil posted) to ensure that they were preserved for posterity.

The tech guys are working on a possible global solution to our problems, but if it doesn’t work, we’ll be looking for nominations for things to archive. For now, just hold tight and see if the “big fix” comes through.

But Shoe Polish had to go over there.

NYC IRL III
is on April 15th. Do you have what it takes?

Manny,

If you’re looking for nominations for long GQ threads that should be bronzed and put on the mantlepiece for posterity, you should consider the “How to kill evil Nazi Groundhogs” thread at http://boards.straightdope.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/004725.html .

It’s the thread that changed me from being a mere SDMB viewer to an SDMB obsessive.

Bill