I miss the quick reply box.

Let’s see here… I just hit the quick-reply button on TubaDiva’s post (it’s the icon with the paper and the arrow). The reply box initially appeared blank, and does not contain anything other than what I’m putting in. Will it contain TubaDiva’s quote?

This is a test.

Hope this is the correct forum.

Regards,
Shodan

Bliss. :slight_smile:

OK, apparently it doesn’t, unless I check “Quote message in reply?” (testing that now, using my own post). It’s slightly annoying that we have to hit a special button to use this, but it’s still quicker than loading a whole new page. And it looks like the new quick reply box is vBulletin standard, which means it didn’t require significant administrator effort to set up.

Ya gotta check the “quote message in reply” box, doofus. :stuck_out_tongue:

The older version of vB didn’t make you click to activate the Click Reply box, but the new one does; if you turn that off, it makes it difficult for the system to handle other modes of threading. It’s a small price to pay to keep things going.

Hopefully this will not affect board function in anything but a positive way.

your humble TubaDiva
Administrator

Uh… okay then in must not work on my operating system. I’m hitting the little paper icon and it’s loading the usual “reply” page as it always has. Nothing like what Chronos described.

shrug

Does it matter with post you hit the “quick reply” on? We’ll see when I hit submit.

Coolness!

Does it work? It does!

:::joy:::

TEST

A test of my very own…

I just wanted to express my pure joy at this addition. I just noticed it a little bit ago when I noticed that there were two buttons in the lower right of posts instead of the usual one, and I began to get very excited when my mouse-over told me it was quick reply. I did not believe the mouse-over for a minute, though. Mice are devious things, especially heartless ones, so I had to check this forum to see if it were true, and it is! Yay, quick reply!

See, this would have been quick, except I spent too long typing and being elated. It will be quick next time.

Testing.

I just wanted to express my pure joy at this addition. I just noticed it a little bit ago when I noticed that there were two buttons in the lower right of posts instead of the usual one, and I began to get very excited when my mouse-over told me it was quick reply. I did not believe the mouse-over for a minute, though. Mice are devious things, especially heartless ones, so I had to check this forum to see if it were true, and it is! Yay, quick reply!

See, this would have been quick, except I spent too long typing and being elated. It will be quick next time.

This also may be a multiple post, as my internet is acting strangely. Here’s to hoping this isn’t the third time you’ll read this.

Well, it wasn’t three. . .

Test 2.

Okay. Looks like you can’t do multiple quotes without employing the quote tag yourself. A minor hassle but no big deal.

Is there any way we can set this up so that we don’t have to hit that button to use it unless we want to quote that post though?

Testing the signature option as well.

That’s great! I had almost forgotten about this feature. Thank you for bringing it back.

I was going to complain that there is no preview button, but the Go Advanced button gives a preview.

No, I’m taking over your test.