[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
Sure, tell the ones that were your allies in many other subjects that they are a mob.
[/quote]
Yes, even if they agree with me, making a decision based on what a mass of people tells you to do is mob rule.
I’m reasonably certain that most native English speakers wouldn’t be offended by that.
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
As I said before, it is only a piece in the way to declare someone a Troll.
[/quote]
Sure, now find one, single, solitary moderator who will say that rather than only taking the facts and their observations and interpretations into account, they will also look to see if a lot of posters don’t like that person and have complained about them.
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
Politely? By separating quotes to add useless points and attempt to make the quoted person sound unreasonable?
[/quote]
If one sentence of yours contradicts the next, whose fault is that? I asked for clarification on points of yours I didn’t understand, I did so politely rather than pointing out that you were spewing nonsense in many instances like blabbering about how I “pigeon hole” people.
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
As I see in the other thread you are willing to tell even a South African that he does not know enough to make a judgment on what apartheid could include.
[/quote]
I said nothing of the sort, and you know it. I said that just because he was a South African, that it didn’t exempt his argument from rational scrutiny, and that his background had zilch to do with whether or not his argument stood on its own merits. I said that because he was South African, that didn’t entitle him to claim that his background somehow made his argument correct, or his comparisons correct.
See, claiming that is the fallacy of appeal to authority.
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
You are so pathetic I expected that from you.
[/quote]
What, I was supposed to say that your fear that I was answering each and every single point you raised as an act of “dishonesty” was right… even though saying that would be a horrible, horrible lie?
Of course I refuted your slanderous charge. It’s not exactly pathetic to do so, nor does it take a prophet to realize that when you falsely accuse someone, they might just deny your accusation.
But it’s a nice catch 22 you’ve got set up.
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
Really, that was the birth of a brand new fallacy,
[/quote]
No Gigo, if you contradict yourself from one sentence to the next, it’s hardly my fault, nor a fallacy.
[QUOTE=GIGObuster]
Accepting someone’s judgment is not the same as agreeing with it,” I actually say the same thing in my separated second paragraph.
[/quote]
Yes, which is why in context you were being irrational and self-contradictory. Either that, or you simply constructed a very poor sentence, which is why I asked in several different places what you meant, and what you were getting at.
You attempted to claim that I don’t have a “rational mind” because I don’t accept the judgment of others… even though it’s fine not to accept the judgment of others.
Your argument is flawed and internally incoherent. Instead of addressing that, you are blaming me, and quite frankly, behaving a bit like a loon.
Now, I went out of my way to be polite to you and attempt to fairly address each and every single point you made. I went out of my way to be polite to you, even when you were inventing tortured irrational constructs about how I didn’t have “rational mind”. After that, if you’d rather flip out, that’s certainly your call.
Evidently you are still nursing a hardon for me based on a thread from last summer that I don’t even remember anymore. Ah well, eh?