I pit pizza phone ordering in this town!

Black olives are good on pizza, but my first Canadian pizza turned out to use kalamata flavored ones, which I don’t like. I hope that’s not the rule. Now I need to find a place that has jalapenos! Mushroom, olive, and jalapeno pizza. …drool…

Black olives have no place on a good pizza.
Pepperoni, sausage, onions… all good.

White pizza with lots of garlic and spinach is good, too, but keep your stinkin’ black olives off of it.

I’m with the guys ordering olives. Of course, the rest of my toppings will be vegetarian, but they will sure as hell have olives.

Olives are good on pizza, dammit!

To me they taste like a drink of water from the garden hose.

Somebody else can have my share.

Well, that’s subjective. I’ve found a drink from a garden hose to be mighty refreshing on many a hot summer’s day, at least when I was a kid.

Completely agree on the olives though. The olive lovers can keep 'em.

Oh, absolutely. I don’t mind it at all from the hosepipe; just don’t want my food to taste that way.

One of the best pizzas I ever had was in Florence…olives and capers and cheese and a liberal drenching of olive oil. It was heavenly.

Our new favorite joint, even if they don’t deliver, is called the “Wood Fired Pizza Company” and, yes, it’s as delicious as it sounds. I’d agree that it’s a far better name than the “Drink From A Hosepipe Pizza Company”.

I tend to think that the only things that really belong on a pizza, ever, are ham, bacon, and pineapple. That’s all there is to it. You can close the thread now. :smiley:

This is why you should only order from Mr.s Gatti’s Pizza. You can order online and they even save your CC infor for you so you don’t have to reenter it every time.

Fake number. If you work with credit cards for more than 1 day you realize. That Am-ex start with a 3. Visa start with a 4. MC start with 5s and Discover with 6s.

My brain is going all kinds of places, thinking up different words that fit these sentences in place of “olives.”

I love black olives, especially on pizza; they provide a refreshing contrast to the tomato sauce and cheese. Now green olives I eat reluctantly, and I can’t imagine putting them on pizza.

Also, cooked mushrooms are vile and should not be eaten on anything.

As opposed to what, exactly? Being wrapped up in aluminum foil and gone over with an oxy-acetylene torch?

Not you! I was so sure you’d be on our side…

And your home address. We need your home address so we can… uh, expedite future pizza deliveries, yeah that’s it.

Not love black olives? :dubious: These aren’t your real friends, trust me on that.

“Ah PIT any fools who do not LAHHV black olives!”

:mad: :mad: :mad:

True Blue Jack

Heh. I was alluding to the “Fresh oven-baked pizza… it’s the greatest!” message on many pizza boxes. My reaction is always the same as yours was to my post.

I don’t know how this thread quickly devolved into a debate about olives. The right response to an I pit pizza phone ordering in this town! thread is to point out to the OP that the free gift of a pizza phone and the complimentary swimsuit issue are sent to you at no obligation. Even if you cancel your subscription, the pizza phone is yours to keep. What’s the problem?

That’s it. I’m coming to your house for dinner.

[sub]Olives, in general, have no legitimate right to exist.[/sub]

Robin

Olives taste metallic-y because they came in a can, and may have been there a while.

Olives in jars don’t taste that way.

Black olives on pizza are awesome- sausage, onion, black olive and mushroom… Mmmmmmm…