If I caught someone in the act of keying my car I'd________!

Ah, I knew there were a few redeeming features about Texas…

Ask him/her why they were keying my car. I’m not concerned about the damage, that’s why I have insurance. If they gave an answer like “I was bored” I might get the police involved because someone who would damage private property for no reason might lack the empathy necessary to avoid doing other things to other people and I’d prefer if he/she had a record with the cops already on file if that eventuality came to pass.

Enjoy,
Steven

Out of curiosity, is there any answer they might give that wouldn’t be an inducement to get the police involved? :confused:

Seeing as the scrape is already from fender to fender, I’d probably hang back, get a picture with the camera phone, and then follow him/her to his/her car and get the license plate number. The police then get the picture and the license plate number. If possible, I might even follow the kid (in my car) and then confront the parents with the picture and the damage.

If he/she had mistaken my car for one which had been used to commit a drive-by shooting/hit-and-run of himself/herself or one of his/her friends/family. If he/she had just been cut off in the parking lot by a similar vehicle and nearly caused to crash(or caused to crash) while avoiding the swerving vehicle. If he/she was mentally incapacitated due to circumstances beyond their control(alzhiemers, mental retardation). I’m sure there are others.

Enjoy,
Steven

…put another face on a milk carton.