If LOTR had been written by the Teeming Millions

Eowyn turned and saw Aragorn behind him. Immediately she went weak at the knees. His rippling muscles, his scraggly beard, his wiry hair, those deep, penetrating eyes… “Well,” she thought to herself, “he doesn’t look like [that guy from Rammstein], but he’ll do.”

jarbabyj

Would Are Eco Sytem be Ok If We Extincted Nazgul?

An idea struck him and he turned to Gollum. Gollum had just begun to sneak off on his own, and he was crawling away on all fours through the fern.

“Hi! Gollum!” said Sam. “Where are you going? Hunting? Well, see here, old noser, you don’t like our food, and I’d not be sorry for a change myself. Your new motto’s always ready to help. Could you find anything fit for a hungry hobbit? When come back, bring pie.”

Lord of the Cliches

When I took a look into that huge pit of fire at Mt. Dhoom, I felt my bowels go watery like a jello salad at a Lutheran potluck in August. Running like Aragon with rocket skates, I headed for the closest bathroom. I hit the door at a dead run and bounced off it – the door was locked, surely by the evil of Sauron. It was then that I started to feel something unpleasant in my seat of my pants…

…lieu

Mods–I’m sorry if I’m asking this question in the wrong forum (please feel free to move it!), but why did Saruman get BANNED? Is there a thread I could read about whether he used to have a different user name? His writing looks awfully familiar. Also, I don’t understand about “pie” and “pants.”

Uruk-Hai SMASH!

“Mordor is evil.” said Gandalf. “If Sauron gets the ring there will be a new darkness over middle earth that will never be lifted.”

“More drooling idiocy, ehh? You just never stop, do you Gandalf?” said Frodo, “Just for the sake of novelty, try doing a little fucking research rather than simply swallowing everything you hear in country western songs. First, Mordor is not monolithic. Sauron may be evil but most of the orcs can’t stand him and they’ll ditch him given half a chance. This goes double for most of the other races you’ve lumped together as ‘Mordor,’ especially men. Sauron simply isn’t that popular on the Mordoric street. Even if Sauron should get a hold of the ring, his coalition would break up fairly quickly as everyone fought for a piece of the pie.”

“Oh, sure, Frodo! And I suppose ‘One ring to rule them. One ring to find them. One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.’ is something Sauron got off of a coffee mug!”

“Wrong again, magic boy. You are obviously completely unfamiliar with the Black Speech. ‘Krimpatul’ shouldn’t be translated as ‘bind’ in this context. The Black Speech root Krimpa— means literally ‘to bring together.’ It doesn’t imply the use of force. The last line should probably be rendered ‘One ring to bring them all into harmony in the shade.’ Of course, neo-con hotheads would rather use the more radical version whether it’s correct or not.”

Worst. Dark Lord. Ever.

‘A very nice well-spoken gentlehobbit is Mr. Bilbo, as I’ve always said,’ the Gaffer declared. With perfect truth: for Bilbo was very polite to him, calling him ‘Master Hamfast’, and consulting him
constantly upon the growing of vegetables - in the matter of ‘roots’, especially potatoes, the Gaffer was recognized as the leading authority by all in the neighbourhood (including himself).

‘But what about this Frodo that lives with him?’ asked Old Noakes of Bywater. ‘Baggins is his name, but he’s more than half a Brandybuck, they say. It beats me why any Baggins of Hobbiton should go looking for a wife away there in Buckland, where folks are so queer.’

• Chumpsky

Wait a minute, that’s just lifted word-for-word from the original!

• Everyone else

No it isn’t.

• Chumpsky

Yes it is!

• Everyone else

Etc.

Demo, I never thought I’d say this, & no doubt I’m losing my marbles, but you’re being unfair to Chumpsky. Granted, our resident Red Ranger (Go-Go Power Working Masses!) is a massive pain, but I have never read anything on this Board to suggest he has ever committed plagarism, a very serious charge BTW.

You owe him an apology.

Oooh… Elves! I just love elves!

If Elvis were alive today, what would he think of LOTR? I always liked Elvis, he shakes, he dances, just all around a good time for this red blooded American girl, yesiree! I remember seeing Andy Kaufman do ing an Elvis impersonation, on Saturday Night Live, I think it was. Oh, that reminds of poor poor Maurice Gibbs. What a shame.

Has anyone seen the HBO special about Hobbits? Or was it about hobbies of the stars? I never actually looked, I was cooking dinner.

Hi, Wonko!

Love, Kn(way out in left field but fun to chat with anyways…)ckers :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, he doesn’t.

See this thread, Bosda for some excellent detective work from RedFury.

Fenris

“There was this guy who had this ring. I think. Or something. Maybe it was a sword.”-SmileyDeath

Two minute later
“Or maybe it was a fork.”-Smileydeath

5 mintues later
“I don’t know, maybe it was a ring. I think his shirt was red.”-SmileyDeath

All within the span of 5 minutes
“The…”-SmileyDeath
“Ring…”-SmileyDeath
“was really powerful”-SmileyDeath
“The end. Post! Yay! 900 posts in one night! SUPER POST PARTY!”-SmileyDeath

Looking at that thread, it looks like he’s lost any sort of credibility…

C’mon everybody, lets make this a 2 billion posts thread… I’m sure with 30 000 members we could do it…

Truth Seeker, are you doing your best Collunsbury?

Band Name!

Just for the record, and so it doesn’t appear that I’m avoiding a response to Bosda Di’Chi of Tricor, I’ll quote from the thread Fenris linked to above.

This should also save everyone from having to wade through 6+ pages of the pit.

“Very well, very well, Master Elrond!” said Bilbo suddenly. “Say no more! It is plain enough what you are pointing at. Bilbo the silly hobbit started this affair, and Bilbo had better finish it, or himself… It is a frightful nuisance. When ought I start?”

“Of course, my dear Bilbo,” said Gandalf. “If you had really started this affair, you might be expected to finish it… We do not doubt the word was meant, and we do not doubt that under that jest you are making a valiant offer. But one beyond your strength, Bilbo. You cannot take this thing back. It has passed on.”

“You aren’t a freakin’ moderator, Gandalf,” retorted Bilbo. “Keep your freakin’ mouth shut. I was talkin’ to Elrond, you mod-wannabe dipshit.”

Your’re not the boss of me

Shut up :mad: