If you don't like my advice don't frickin' ask

That’s true. Sometimes, though, they ask for directions in a town that has an unincorporated section kind of disconnected from it, and a bit of a drive away. Not everyone knows this, and so they’ll insist that his directions are wrong when he’s explaining to them “no really, that’s in the unincorporated part of town.” Or they’ll insist that a certain address exists when he knows it doesn’t, but then it turns out they want the next town over and they’re insisting that they’re in that town right now when they’re not!

Other people will demand that the directions be given in a particular way (no, not request, demand) - they don’t know north/south so they want left/right, etc. One lady wanted a veritable Mapquest list - she wanted to know exactly how many blocks to proceed (“the next stop sign”, etc., wasn’t good enough) each time, and so on.

Now that’s fucking funny.

In what I said, show me where I said “the women ignore the answers”. I also did not say anything about the men saying “thank you”.

I read what I said over and what I said did not demean women. I said they were gathering information and were not ready to make a decision. That the men think they are giving answers that will be acted on and don’t understand they are simply supplying information. WOW! that’s horrible. Actually I started out saying I might get pitted for what I was going to say, but then I thought I ended up being very fair in how I worded it. I guess you didn’t read it that way. Sorry. :smiley: [sup]I thought I was supplying some information.[/sup]

I used :rolleyes: in the sense that I was afraid the sky might fall. It did.

Peppermint Patty: “Do you know anything about love, Chuck?”

Charlie Brown: “Probably not.”

PP: “Well, if A likes B, but B likes C who likes D and E who both like A who doesn’t even know that D exists, should F try to have G talk to B so E will know that C likes D and E, and that C will pound H if she comes around again butting in?”

CB: “May I think about that for a minute?”

PP: “Sure, Chuck…In the meantime, here’s another one…Say a person has kind of a big nose, and another person calls her ‘Baseball Nose’, and tells her not to go near the ballpark 'cause someone might autograph her nose, should she be offended?”

CB: “G shouldn’t get involved, and an autograph on a nose would probably wash off.”

PP: “You don’t know anything about love, Chuck!”

CB: “Probably not…”

So when I get stuff like that, I tell them, “G shouldn’t get involved, and an autograph on a nose would probably wash off.” They either walk away, thinking I’m nuts, or they demand to know just what the hell I’m talking about. Either way, I’m in the clear.

I feel your pain, Edward.

I finally figured out that a lot of people, particularly when opinions/advice are solicited, don’t really want any help. They just want to whine and bitch.

And I’ve also noticed that people with a problem don’t like really simple answers; if they couldn’t figure it out, it can’t be as simple as your solution. There’s got to be more to it, somehow.

Ergo, all the “asking about” til they feel properly validated for not knowing the answer/solution/method/whatever.

People also don’t listen. God, why don’t they listen! I’ve given the same directions a thousand times to different people…“it’s down the stairs to your right.”

People invariably walk out and turn left, go straight, go up other stairs, turn around and go the other way completely…

Why do people ask me for directions if they’re just going to foolishly wander around lost ANYWAY? Why waste my time? WHY DOESN’T ANYBODY EVER BUY A MAP, EITHER?

Geez. Now I’m hating.

:smiley:

Maybe she is flirting with you?

Maybe all the alcohol they’ve ingested has something to do with it? :smiley: