If you HAD to be executed, how would you want to go?

Passed out drunk. Alcohol overdose after one hell of a kick-ass party. Choking on own vomit is optional.

But then everyone will be dying and I want my death to be special.

Checks profile
The ideal time to do that would’ve been almost exactly 20 years ago. A 28th birthday can be bittersweet, depending on if you want to live a long life or want figurative immortality.

I’m assuming whatever I did to warrant my execution would be enough to immortalize me. :smiley:

Cool. I’ll take the sodium pentobarbital cool aid, then. Tastes terrible, but a peaceful and guaranteed way to go. If someone else has to administer it, then I’ll take the injection. Whenever I have to explain to pet owners how the euthanasia procedure will go for their pets, I tell them if I had a choice, I would choose it for myself it’s so quick and peaceful. I have yet to have anyone question me saying that, nor to have them regret staying with their pet for the procedure. Gone before the syringe is empty.

Drowned in a butt of malmsey?

Seriously, Chinese-style bullet to the back of the head sounds pretty good.

Heroin overdose. Came close once and it was pretty painless. The guy trying to wake me up was annoying as fuck, but in retrospect, I’m darn glad he cared enough to bother.

The guillotine is meant to be one of the most painless, quick ways to go. Of course, I can say that now, but when I’m sticking my head in the slot I’m probably not going to feel great.

During crucifixion, you don’t actually die from bleeding to death, infections, or even joints dislocating - what happens is, because you have no ground to stand on, your lungs slowly collapse in and you suffocate.

Obligatory execution joke: three men are on death row, and are sitting together in a prison cell. A guard walks in and asks the first one what he’d like as a last meal. He responds, “I’d like three steaks, mashed potatoes, peas, gravy and red wine.” The meal is brought in, and he’s killed. The next man is asked what he’d like to eat. This man says, “I want two hamburgers with all the toppings, a chocolate milkshake, and a huge bowl of beef stew.” The meal is brought in, and he’s killed. The third man is asked for his order. He says, "Nothing too complex. All I want is a big bowl of freshly picked strawberries. The guard tells him it’s the middle of winter. The man responds, “Oh, don’t worry about it - I can wait.”

Very suddenly and quickly, in my sleep, after making love to my wife.

You know I thought of ecstasy, but I don’t think it would be that simple. I think you’re just as likely to have horribly anxiety-ridden experience on a shitton of X and then start puking.

Just a reminder everybody: Cecil discusses the guillotine here.

I’d prefer to specify the timing of the execution. I’d want a commitment that the deed would take place at high noon (plus or minus a minute or two) sometime during a specific and pre-agreed-upon week, BUT that it must be in such a manner that I will never know, prior to the day it actually happens, which day it will be.

I’ll take a Valium OD, maybe with some painkillers thrown in just for the hell of it.
“He just…relaxed to death…”

I’m diabetic, and twice a day I have to inject myself with insulin that is 5x as potent as conventional insulin. I’d inject myself with as much as I can get inside me, until I’m no longer conscious. At that dosage, death would occur very fast.

Just get me drunk enough and then whatever. Shoot me, drop me off a building, whatever.

Actually, if people really wanted to be humane about killing people, it could be done in the person’s sleep.

If I could absolutely choose, and money was no object, I think I’d have the eggheads at Los Alamos build some kind of explosive lens system to implode me like the pit of a nuclear weapon.

Pretty sure it would be painless (they can implode nuclear pits fast enough to avoid all sorts of nuclear issues like predetonation with plutonium), and I’m betting that what’s left would be… interesting, to say the least.

Put me outside in freezing cold weather with a few bottles of really good red wine. I’ll drink the wine and start discarding clothes as I feel warmer. In the end, iI’ll freeze to death, but be happy doing it.

Going over this riding in this at top speed.

Being smothered in puppies.

I’d like to try a variety of methods mentioned here then reverse time and see the results.

Can I hold my breath longer in a vacuum then the supposed 15 seconds of useful consciousness. (I assume panic and adrenaline is the main factor) …can I get off two shots if I shoot myself in the head…that sort of thing.

I’m amused to see that the words “niagra falls” [sic] are in the search box over the pic.