I'll take "What you can see from 223 for $70, Alex."

Any of you all have a good working knowledge of Wrigley Field? When they say “limited view”, what does that mean, exactly? If you could sit in Section 233 or Section 211 and have a limited view, OR you could sit in section 236 or 204 with an ubstructed view, what would you do?

I want to take my sister and my 7-year-old nephew to a Cubbies game, and around $70 is the most I can really justify spending per ticket. (Man, I would LOOOOOOVE some of those $110 tickets. Have considered finding a Sugar Daddy. Am finding no one likes a smart-ass Sugar Baby.)

I want as good as I can get considering how much I have to spend.

So, I put it to you, Cubbies fans. Will I regret sitting my nephew behind a post?

It’s been about 15 years since I’ve been at Wrigley, but I recall it’s got lots of columns, so I suspect that’s what’s limiting your view. Perhaps if you call them at 1-800-THE-CUBS, someone there could describe exactly what’s in the way.

And when are you going that seats are that expensive? Highest price looks to be $50 per seat, and that’s CLub Infield Box, which is close enough to the action that you’ve be able to count the blades of grass.

The regular tickets are all sold out, so I have to go thru a ticket broker. (Almost typed “ticket borker”. But that’s pretty much the same thing. I’m the one getting borked!!!)

Personally, I don’t mind the posts. And, hell, if we can’t see, we can always move somewhere and stand. But I’d rather not. Especially not after four… er… two beers!

I was in sec 226 yesterday. You’ll have a pole in the way about the width of your spread hand. How much area it takes up out of your view depends on how close you are sitting to it (I think it’s at about row 8). Shouldn’t block much unless it happens to be situated just wrong so it’s covering up the pitcher or batter or bases.

I couldn’t tell you which sections, but I know there’s seats far enough back in the lower levels where you can see the whole field, but you can’t see the scoreboard, due to the level above hanging over you. These would have higher row #'s, behind the infield. I’m not sure if that helps.

I’d go for the best view available (w/in your budget), just not to take any chances. I’d rather be further from the action but still be able to see it, than closer with a pole in front of me.

Also, if you can get into the first couple of rows in the upper most deck you’re in good shape. They’re high, but there’s nothing in front of you.

~S