I'm gonna burn a hot one in hell for this!

That’s quite a twist you put on it. He didn’t solicit either of the first two pics at all by his account and it’s clear that he only replied to the text because he was fed up. I don’t blame anyone for thinking that asking for more crossed the line. A little hard to resist, though.

After getting a topless pic, he said he’d come to her birthday party if she sends more pics. She then sends another topless one. I put “quite a twist” on it? Really?

It’s clearly bullshit! How is it clear that the reason he pretended to be someone else to an attractive girl and then soliciting pics from someone that sent a topless one is because “he’s fed up”?

Crossed the line is putting it lightly. I wouldn’t be surprised if it were so far over the line that he could wind up in legal trouble.

I don’t know how I screwed up my OP so badly. I remember I was having trouble with the coding. But I don’t know how that extra line got in there about send more pics. The above quote is how the OP should have read.

Sorry for the confusion. But at no point did I ask the girl to send topless pics. That was her choice. I stoped talking to her after that.

“…and that’s how I met your Mother!”

Oh, I also wanted to add that in this day in age you can’t possibly send pics of yourself naked with out knowing the risks involved.

That is of course unless you’ve been living in a cave on Mars with you fingers stuck in your ears for the past ten years.

You said that the first picture was solicited and according to his story, it wasn’t. That’s what I was objecting to.

Sorry, dude but anything other than “you really wanna doublecheck numbers you send dirty pics to” and a delete is inappropriate.

I think we’re doing **Shakes **a disservice: Has anybody thought that the sender could work in the phone store, and know exactly to whom she is sending the pic?

Best wishes,
hh

Word. I’m with you 100%.

Best wishes,
hh

I didn’t say the first pic was solicited, and even if I had, that wouldn’t be “quite a twist” since it says in the OP that he asked a girl that had already sent a topless pic to send more pics (and then she sent another topless one) by claiming that he’d go to her party if she did (her thinking he is someone else).

You kind of did

(my bolding, there was only 2 sets of naked pics in the OP)

Anyways, like I said, I can understand thinking that asking for more pics was jerky.

No, I didn’t. I didn’t get the story perfectly straight, But I didn’t put “quite a twist” on it and I didn’t claim he didn’t get a pic first before soliciting any. Again, it doesn’t really matter if I had gotten that part wrong. The point is in the OP the claim was that he solicited pics from a girl that he thought was someone else and had already sent him a topless one. What I did was get a relatively minor detail wrong which did not put “quite a twist” on the story.

I didn’t say that there were more.

As a legal matter, I’ll point out that impersonating another person through electronic means is prosecutable in many jurisdictions as part of a crackdown on identity theft and other internet fraud. I’m not offering any advice as far as whether or why you may have actually committed a crime, or what you ought to do about it.

As an ethical matter, I’ll just say I think it’s contemptible.

Here’s my thing: what phone company is stupid enough to give out a number they’ve just disconnected?

That’s it, go turn yourself in to the closest organ donor center, you’ve been tried, and convicted by a jury of your peers, all that’s left is the execution. Are there any volunteers? :rolleyes:

This seems like making a mountain out of a dirt-clod on a mole-hill.

K.

Happens all the time. I had to get my wife a new cell number a while back, and her phone started ringing from collection agencies telling her of all the debt she owed and she’d better pay up - they were tracking that phone at this moment.

Needless to say, I changed the number again the next day.

I’m with Shakes on this one. But then, I’m a dirty old man.

The haters are a little too over the top.

Single most amusing SDMB post in recent memory.

Happens all the time. Every time I change phone numbers, I ALWAYS get one that’s just been disconnected.

And while the OP didn’t solicit the FIRST topless photo, he DID solicit more pics in the first version of his story. And I tend to believe that the first version is the true one, and he’s now trying to backpedal.