I'm having a baby!

Congratulatons on the Lissalet! :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!

StG

Congratulations. Mine turns 6 weeks old tomorrow. It’s positively amazing.

A piece of advice. It seems to me that the parents who get the least sleep are the ones who do not sleep with the baby. We get sleep most nights and she sleeps cuddled in our arms.

Hey, congrats! And I’ll bet you’re gonna try to use this as an excuse not to give any more belly dancing lessons, right?

Oh, no, Cerowyn, she already said in the MMP that belly dancing is most recomended for expecting moms. So we’ll still get those mindboggling descriptions.

I can say congratulations again, can I? Congratulations!

Yay! Congratulations, again…well, you can’t have too many of those, can you?

Hee. One of my best friends took a complete hissy fit when I told her, because she was convinced she might be pregnant. Without, you know, doing anything that might result in pregnancy. At all. Spontaneous pregnancy.

I think she hasn’t started breathing normally yet. :smiley:

Yes, I plan on still bellydancing, although I need to dig up the energy from somewhere. Bellydance is great for expectant Moms.

Thank you everyone. Eeee! This is so exciting!

Talk about getting into the spirit of being Catholic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, we have left ourselves wide open to Catholic jokes. Don’t worry- we’re not planning on more than fifteen kids.
Aaagh. How terrifying that would be. I’m going to go have a lie-down.

Congratulations!!!

The hub and I are not breeding, but we had a friend staying with us several years ago who was pregnant, and we were all worried how the Curlcats were going to adapt to the tiny interloper. They slowly adapted to A’s decreasing lap space, with intermittent hilarity as they would get kicked by the baby while perched in what space was left. Once the baby was born, my main concern was my girl cat Newt, who is a jealous fiend about me and thinks nothing of beating the other cats if I acknowledge them too heartily. I thought she might hate the baby when she saw me holding and cooing over him. She just maneuvered into my lap somehow *under *the newborn, and allowed me to sort of rest the baby on her… no lie! She would also sidle up to the baby when he was lying on a blanket on the floor and lick his head. :smiley:

Oh, forgot to add… CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay, babies! I do love them, just don’t want to have any of my own.

Also, Hal Briston, that photo is hilarious!

YAY!!! I know I already said congrats in the MMP but I’m doin’ it again here. Commence practising your camera skills immediately. We will demand lots and lots of pics of LittleLissar.

YAY!

Doper2.0: The Next Generation.
We will be assisting you name this kid, right? {gives a squinty eye’d look }

You KNOW of course, babies are completely indiscriminate in their pooping habits, don’t you?

No regard whatsoever for what you’re wearing, where they are, if it’s a convenient time for poo or not.

They’re SO rude that way. And yet, you find yourself, for the first time in your life, thinking that human poo is cute.

Welcome to the rest of your life, enjoy!

Again congratulations, Miss Mama. I second sleeping with the babe. It makes for such easy and snuggly night-nursing.

~Says this mama, who last night slept with her 2-year-old, and his toy semi “Mack” truck from the Pixar Cars movie.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again -

Yay, LiLi!!

Hoo-ray for you!

Congratulations! May your pregnancy be smooth and your labor and delivery as painless as possible!

Have I mentioned how excited I am for you and Mr. Lissar? Yay!!!

(Oh…and what swampy said; all us cyber-aunts and uncles will want lots of photographic proof.)

GT

Of course the cyber-relatives will get pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Mr. Lissar is bad about pictures now- I can only imagine how much worse it’s going to get with a baby. There will be twelve thousand pics before the first hour.

I really like the ideas ‘smooth’, and ‘painless’. Thanks. :smiley: