I'm so hungover

I’ve only been really hungover once, this last New Year’s. Once I puked and took a nap I was feeling better, but when I confessed this to my mom a few days afterward (don’t know why I did) she laughed at me, probably because I was 29 and had my first hangover. I guess that is pretty late for that.

I hate puking. Ick. Haven’t done it again, though. Not worth it. At least my SO didn’t laugh at me, he just let me sleep.

Hope you’re feeling better.

Best hangover remedy ever. Except make a bacon cheeseburger. Actually, double bacon guacamole burger. And a chocolate malt. And some onion rings. After that, if you’re still feeling sick, it’s not a hanghover. It’s probably something you ate.

This is exactly why gatorade (preferably orange. There really shouldn’t BE any other flavors) and vodka is the ideal sports drink. Keeps you hydrated during kickball, then keeps you from feeling too bad afterward.

Now that you’re likely sober I’d like to taunt you with the fact that I have never, ever had a hangover, no matter how much I drink or what it is.

Sucks to be you, dude.

Yeah I’m feeling great now, and to be honest this was the first morning I’ve ever felt that bad for more than the first thirty minutes or so. I used to brag that I had never been hung over, but now I can’t. Oh well.

I’ve discoverd in the last few days that Scotch does not give me a hangover. Beer, yes. Even if I only have a six-pack or so, I’m all messed up the next day. But the last few days, I’ve had nothing but scotch. A half-bottle or so each night, and not one hangover. A little dehydrated, but very mildly, and thats easily fixed with a big glass of water.

Me too! Hangovers are so much worse now at 30 then they were a few years ago.

I am the Queen of Hangovers. I get the WORST, wish-I-were-dead hangovers, no matter what. It takes me at least 24 hours to feel well enough to do anything.

The worst is when you have to work with a hangover… Thank goodness for sick days. The only days I am every truly sick enough to call in sick are when I have a hangover.

Oh. My. God. If only I could revert to the one-day hangover. Lately, I’m sick as a dog for 2.5 - 3 days. Non-functional for 1.5 and feeling under par for the remainder. I just don’t understand how So Much Fun can rapidly deteriorate to Honey, Can You Please Put A Bullet In My Head?

I think it’s hormonal. That, and I’ve noticed that I REALLY need to eat before I drink. If I forget, it’s curtains.

Likewise. Having a shitty day, made slightly worse and oh, so much better by the embarassment of snorting decaf out my nose and the subsequent effort of having to clean it off my monitor.

Thanks you, Dolores.

If you thought watching Irish guys puke at 6:30 AM was entertaining you might have been a wee bit drunker than you thought. :slight_smile:

Or a warm mayonaisse sandwich with hair?

How? Presumably you have drunk a fair bit in your time?

There is a God. He just hates me

I have to join the bunch of 30 somethings bemoaning how relatively light hangovers were. Now I find it takes a real stack to give me said hangover, but it’s a real nutcrusher.
In fact, I am expecting one tomorrow morning and Sunday. Woohoo. Also, this thread makes me chuckle after seeing the one questioning why drinking is seen as a usefull talent.

You’re both quite welcome! :smiley:

Are you doing better today, ronin?

Yep, I’m doing just fine thanks for asking!

Ok then it’s my turn.

I know not to mix the fermented and distilled but I went ahead and did it anyway. When will I learn.

So I went to the mall on my lunch and got a manicure and pedicure. It didn’t really help and I still feel mostly crappy but my fingers and toes are very pretty. :slight_smile:

I’d kill for a nap.

[Darlene Conner]
Or some eggs, just slightly undercooked…
[/Darlene Conner]

My worst hangover came when I was 20. A buddy and I were throwing a party, and I had this girl coming over that I was desperately trying to hook up with. When we started looking at the liquor we had, we realized we only had a bottle of nasty-ass Aristocrat vodka. He puts it on the coffee table and goes for more alcohol.

My girl shows up about five minutes later, looking oh so hot. She walks in and sees the vodka and goes, “Ooh, vodka! Take some shots with me!” So we take three or four shots and go outside and smoke a cigarette, come back inside for three or four more shots then a cigarette. Wash, lather, rinse & repeat until we’re done with the bottle. Let me tell you, this girl could drink. I, of course, couldn’t let her beat me, so I was with her shot for shot. Suddenly, she announced that she had to leave and was gone.

This depressed me greatly. So what do I do? I grab another bottle of vodka and finish it. The whole thing. I hate vodka, yet I drank a bottle and a half. The last thing I remembered was sitting on the couch participating in a drinking game, when I find myself laying on the bed in the guest room feeling like I have to puke. I stand up to walk across the hall to the bathroom and fall flat on my face. I crawl to the commode, spill out guts into the commode, and promptly pass out again on the kitchen floor.

I’m awakened the next morning by my buddy who says, “Get up! You have to be at work in an hour!” Normally I would’ve called in sick, but this was my first day. So I make my way into work extremely hungover yet still drunk at 8am. My coworker says, “You look like shit. Why don’t you go sit over there until you feel better?” I was finally able to get out of the chair at 2pm. So I spent most of my first day on the job recovering from the most vicious hangover ever.

I’m another that started getting the ‘30 year old extended hangover’. Totally sucks.

Nice first impression. :wink:

[Cat Ballou]
Your eyes look TERRIBLE!
You oughta see 'em from MY side!
[/Cat Ballou]

I supposed you’d hate me if I confessed that no matter how much I’ve had to drink, I’ve never had a hangover… and at 34, I’m starting to think I’m just immune.

You’re not immune; you’re just not drinking enough.