I'm still shaking... scary stuff.

I agree with what you did. However you should not call police now. If there were no witnesses, he would probably say you assaulted him and possibly sue you if you make yourself known.
He’s probably got lumps on his head as evidence. There are some just looking for an opportunity like this.

Lucki Chaarms, I agree with just about everything that everyone said above. With regard to calling the police, I would like to think that sward is wrong, but I really don’t know.

You didn’t do anything to the guy that he didn’t deserve, and I am really glad this turned out better than your previous terrible experience.

Much as I hate to say this, you need to learn to be more paranoid. There are classes you can take and videos you can watch that will help you to avoid situations like this in the future. And because that is not always possible, it might be a good idea to follow MrVisible’s lead and take some kind of martial arts class such as aikido. Please consider this paragraph as an attempt to be helpful rather than critical.

Please let us know how you are doing.

I’m glad you’re okay, Lucki. What a scary situation indeed.

I’d offer you a warm puppy to cuddle with right now… sounds like it’s what you’d need.

You did the right think - never doubt that for a second. Do let us all know you’re okay.

Hang in there.

Elly.

{{{Lucki Chaarms}}}

To echo everyone else in this thread, you didn’t do anything wrong. I’m glad you weren’t hurt.