I'm the King of the World! (or, Hi. I'm Rita. I'm addicted to the Sims.)

Okay…so my finace finally got the Sims installed on our computer. We hadn’t been able to do it because XP was being very hateful about installing certain games. I was almost ready to give the game to a friend, but for some reason, it worked last weekend. Now I’m wondering if that was a good thing…

Oh my. I love this game. I could play it for days without taking a break. I sit down and before I know it, hours have went by. HOURS! I look up and realize that I haven’t moved for about 6 hours and am starving. So, I got grab something and go back to the 'puter. It is insane!!!

My fiance is bad too, but I don’t think he’s as bad as I am. We both realize that it’s very addicting and we are ignoring everything else. We took time over the weekend to rent some movies and have some real sit down meals together. I even turned if off early last night to watch some sitcoms on TV. Hopefullly all the novelty will wear off soon. It’s getting more difficult now anyway, with having to make all the friends to get promoted, so I get frustrated and don’t want to play as much. Good. Good. Sims go away.

and the sad part? We only have the original. I need to make sure we stay away from any of the expansion packs.

oh it’s alright, the addiction passes when u’ve bought everything. If you want a quick solution, cheat to get loads of money, build the biggest house you can, and then you’ll be bored :slight_smile:

Have you tried breaking up the neighbor’s home life by having a Sim fall in love with Bella or her husband? Good times.

LOL…Bella now lives with my fiance’s character, but is in love with 3 other men in the neighborhood. I guess she’s out little Sim slut.

We both need lots of friends right now, so I moved an 8 member family in one of the houses. It’s actually kinda fun trying to play them, but I stopped once several were introduced to our “real” Sims. I kinda like the chaos of keeping up with all those people!

I could have a blast just building the houses and tearing them down. That’s my favorite part! :o)

You really should get one. Word is the final one, Makin’ Magic, will allow you to mess with your neighbors. Like turn 'em into frogs! Unless the spell backfires, in which case a plague of frogs rains down on you.

In that case, two expansions. Unleashed lets you build even if the house isn’t occupied.

Unleashed is the last one I’m allowed to have. Isn’t that the one with Pets??? I would NEVER turn the computer off if I could have pets. My neighborhood would be filled with crazy cat ladies! LOL

I think we are going to buy the Double Deluxe Edition soon, but not until the obsession ebbs a bit.

Unleashed is the last one I’m allowed to have. Isn’t that the one with Pets??? I would NEVER turn the computer off if I could have pets. My neighborhood would be filled with crazy cat ladies! LOL

I think we are going to buy the Double Deluxe Edition soon, but not until the obsession ebbs a bit.

I had only ever vaguely heard of this game before reading this thread, and I thought it had to do with Lego or something. You have inspired to google it, and now I must have this game.

I’m not sure yet if I am going to be thanking you :slight_smile:

Makin’ Magic will have undead minions. :slight_smile:

Oh No Magayuk! Be careful! They need to put a warning on those games! If you like to play games until your eyes burn, get it. If you have friends/family who can be ignored for hours without getting angry, get it. Otherwise, stay away! Far far away! :slight_smile:

Jeff! Do I have to buy the expansion packs in order? Will it work to skip some of them???

Sure, you can skip expansions. Keep in mind that if you go back and get an earlier expansion, it will make you reinstall the ones that you already had.

On second thought, maybe you shouldn’t get Makin’ Magic.
It comes with a preview of The Sims 2!

The PS2 Version has two styles of gameplay, the usual open ended and create a sim and take him/her through levels. The levels are pure evil. Last level I had to get him to score with someone at a party. The fool dropped to one knee and proposed!

I am not forgiving him. I never wanted children and now I have 2. Bastard.

But can’t you turn down the adoption, Thylacine?

Both kids were conceived and born somehow in the dining room, no adoption involved.

This level demands 2 kids and that they be kept in school. Do they want to go to school? Oh no, they dawdle and miss the bus on purpose. I hate them.

Wow! My sims have never conceived - just been offered a baby for adoption. Then lazy bitch wouldn’t get up in the middle of the night to feed the baby, so CPS came and took it back!

But in Unleashed, if you breed your pets, you can choose to keep or sell the babies. Cha-ching!

we never speak of their sister who was removed by the authorities as an infant.

I did the same thing last week. I have the original and Livin’ Large. I played for 8 hours straight one night. I cheat and build huge houses. I thought about buying some more expansion packs, but then I read that the Sims 2 is coming out in Feb.

The Sims 2! I’m waiting.

I am lead to understand that the PS2 version is like Sims 2 will be.

Say goodbye to your loved ones now, unless of course you get the 2 player mode we have on the console in which case you can rot together.