In my humble opinion... IT'S TOO FREAKING HOT!

Why, yes.

Yes it did. :mad:

It decided to stay east.:mad: :mad:

Where it’s not so much the temperature (I mean, below zero for a solid week at a time is…invigorating!) as the snow (which makes walking anywhere impossible) and the ice (which makes driving anywhere impossible) and the unrelenting artic gloom (which makes living impossible). :mad: :mad: :mad:

So shut the fuck up about your stupid warm weather :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Or at least shut up for the next few months till I move to San Francisco and never have to worry about extremes of hot or cold ever again (and I will be happy to pity you poor Southern Californian :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ).

Well, Johnny darling…if you don’t like the heat, you know what to do about it.

It is almost chilly here in the PNW…WHEN are you going to get off your duff and MOVE?

Scotti[sub] who will use any excuse to get her Johnny to change his name to Johnny WA…or Johnny B maybe?[/SUB]

Oh bullshit. So it’s hot. At least there is no freezing ice and shit. As a California girl, I am not used to it. I’ll never get used to the cold in Hooterville. It’s horrible. When I first moved here and encountered the cold, I thought, “And people put up with this?” And yet I am exiled here, for a myriad of reasons.

I don’t like the heat either, but at least the roads are not trecherous when it’s hot. You don’t have to bundle up, wear bulky shoes, clothes, gloves, an awful ugly hat and worry about slipping on the ice. You don’t have to drive real slow and worry about slipping all over the road. You don’t have to scrape ice off of your windshield. You don’t have to clear the walkway up to your house with a snow shovel.

I don’t know how people can say that they prefer this dreadful misery, all in the name of “seasons”. Bah! Seasons! Seasons are terribly overrated. If I want to see snow, I should be able to drive up to Big Bear for a few hours and see it up there. I shouldn’t have to endure it in my front yard, and shovel it and scrape it and worry about driving through it.

So shut UP about the heat! You whiner!

It’s 1:30 am, February 1st. My apartment was too hot when I got home, so now I have all my windows and my balcony door open to get a breeze. If I have to turn on the A/C tonight to get to sleep, I’m going to scream.

Worst. Winter. Ever!

All my friends in L.A. have been saying to me is that it’s hotter than a summabitch down there. For once, I was glad to be in the Bay Area. It was about 70 degrees today.

:cool:

I officially hate you Johnny. This is the worst winter we’ve had in years. It’s 36 right now and I’m freezing my ass off, I’m just not built for temperatures below 80°F.

92 would suit me perfectly right now. Of course it will probably be cold and raining when I’m there two weeks from now.

Geez. Reading this thread, the solution seems obvious:

Everyone switch coasts…NOW! Gogogo!

I’m talking to a realtor and my bank. It’ll probably be gone by the time all of my things are in order, but I found a tiny, tiny place on half an acre on the Lummi reservation.

My brother lives out there. It is a beautiful area, and 20 minutes or so from where I live, probably about the same from your best friend…he is in Birch Bay, I think?

Make sure your realtor tells you about the problems they are having with water rights. Not that they should prevent you from buying, but best to be informed.

Yippee!!!

I asked the realtor (via e-mail – I haven’t actually spoken with him yet) about the water issue. He says the Lummis are claiming water rights for the entire county. But he says the only time you’d run into problems is if you were sinking a new well or building from scratch. He said there shouldn’t be any trouble with existing structures.

I believe that this is true. My brother rents from my boss, who owns the vacant lot next to the house as well. Evidently he wouldn’t be able to build on his vacant lot if this lawsuit goes through. There may be other issues too, but I am not really “up” on the details.

And it is an absolutely GORGEOUS area. I wish you luck!

Chalk me up as another one sick of the SoCal weather. I want a real winter! I wish I could afford to move! I would love to see some snow! I hate waking up in the morning completely hot and wretched. That’s what I got when I lived in Phoenix, unless the a/c was on all night!

Anyway, I guess the grass truly is always greener… At least, when you aren’t able to move.

Yesterday Santa Barbara was 89.

Today back to normal. In the 70’s. I wish I could afford to live here.

I’m not going to whine about the heat—I’m going to gloat. Ahhhh, I love the winter! It was a clear 80* today. Not a cloud in the sky and just a hint of a breeze. Why can’t it be January all year?

It’s supposed to be 78 degrees Fahrenheit tommorow, here in North Texas. How’s that for winter weather? Although to be fair it did get down into the teens one night last week.

Some are born to unceasing heat.

Some are born to seasons.

In other words,

Some Like It Hot

Some Like A Change.

Otherwise, there would be no one living in the vast majority of these United States. Or the world, really.

Right?

In California it was soo hot this week…
How hot was it???
It was so hot that… (insert your own punchline. I’m sure you’d come up with something much more clever than I.)

If we don’t get some rain soon, the bottom half of the state is gonna spontaneously combust. I’m sure that would make quite a few folks happy, but I’d like a serious drenching just the same. What happened to the wet weather courtesy of El Nino that the weathermen told us to brace ourselves for this winter? I think the weathermen all got together and made that whole El Nino thing up just to torment us. As for complaining about temperatures in the 90’s, you’re damn right I am! No self respecting Southern Californian would ever dream of complaining about temperatures in the 90’s in the summer. But this is the dead of winter, for the love of god!