In what percentage of your days:

1. does the phone not ring at all?
  2. do you shop for groceries?
  3. does the TV stay off all day?
  4. do you not listen to the radio?
  5. does your vehicle not leave your property?
  6. does the mailbox remain empty?
  1. Probably around 80%. I usually get a phone call on Friday evenings (friends who want to head out), but otherwise nothing.

2. Over 50%. I work in a retail store that has a grocery, so I tend to buy fresh foods daily during my work week, as opposed to stocking-up.

3. For TV in the sense of watching broadcast/cable/etc., 100%. I have monitors for watching laserdiscs and DVDs, though, and they’re off perhaps 75% of my days.

4. 10%. It’s great to have on when doing other things, like using the computer or getting ready for work. I occasionally am crashed out on weekends, and don’t get out of bed, so there are occasional readio-free days.

5. 15%. I have to leave most days for work or school, but some weekends are spent completely housebound.

6. 10%? I honestly only check my mailbox once every couple of weeks or so, so the advertising circulars in there have probably been there for a while. (My bills are online and auto-paid, and I receive no magazines; if I’m not awaiting a package, I don’t really think about mail.)

(1) does the phone not ring at all–99% for the home phone, 50% for the cell phone.

1. do you shop for groceries–30%

2. does the TV stay off all day–50% if you mean watching cable TV (sports and reality mostly); 10% if you include watching movies on DVDs.

3. do you not listen to the radio–typically 50% since I listen to the news on the way to or from work several times a week; right now it’s 100% since I boycott all audio/video news during the hyped-up US election national election process.

4. does your vehicle not leave your property–28%-- (or 2 out of 7)–basically my car stays put on weekends except for those few weekend trips each year. I can walk or bike to stores, gym, movies and the library.

5. does the mailbox remain empty–14%–(or 1 out of 7). There’s junk mail virtually every day Monday through Saturday. For my e-mail box is 0%–I get spam every day.

1. 20% maybe? I don’t have a landline. I get a lot of “dinner’s ready” or “can you come here for a minute” type calls from family on my cell, but if you’re disgarding immediate family type calls then it would be 95% or more.

2. 10% tops. I have a large freezer.

3. 1%. The TV isn’t on a lot, but it probably comes on most days for local news.

4. >90%. I prefer to listen to my Ipod.

5. 86%

6. 66% of delivery days —more if you count Sundays.

Home - 75%
    Cell - 50%

15%

5%

20%

80%

Well we only check the mail once, maybe twice a week, so I can’t really answer that one.

1 - my cell, probably 75%. Home phone, maybe 50%, and those calls are mostly my husband tellimg me he’s on his way home.
2 - 15% - there are just 2 of us, so I don’t have to shop all that often
3 - 0% - spousal unit loves TV. But even if it’s just me, I’ll have it on at least part of the day for weather or brainless diversion.
4 - 0% - I only listen to the radio in the car, and I generally have to drive at least once a day.
5 - 5% - if I’m not taking my car, we’re taking husband’s car.
6 - 2% - I can almost always count on getting junk mail.

1. does the phone not ring at all? Maybe 50%
  2. do you shop for groceries? Probably about 15%
  3. does the TV stay off all day? 90%, I don’t get cable, and while I do have a DVD/LD player, I only watch every couple of weeks.
  4. do you not listen to the radio? 95% or higher. These days I only listen to radio when I’m driving along in a car. And I don’t own a car. I just sometimes borrow my father’s car, or provide driver services for him.
  5. does your vehicle not leave your property? N/A
  6. does the mailbox remain empty? 5% I’m another who doesn’t get mail as regularly as I should. So junk mail builds up…
  1. No landline. Maybe 4/7 without a single ring.
  2. I go three times a week generally.
  3. 1/7, I usually watch an hour at night but not on Saturdays.
  4. Radio or music? I might listen to the radio once in a couple of weeks but I listen to my iPod everyday.
  5. Maybe once a week I’ll spend a day completely at home.
  6. Once a week, Sundays. There’s always at least a single piece of junk mail.
  1. 5%
  2. 60%
  3. 5%
  4. 5%
  5. 50%
  6. 15%
  1. does the phone not ring at all? 95%+
  2. do you shop for groceries? I buy each night’s food that same day unless I am making pasta, so 75%ish?
  3. does the TV stay off all day? 40-50%
  4. do you not listen to the radio? 100% Haven’t listened to the radio in years.
  5. does your vehicle not leave your property? Don’t have a car.
  6. does the mailbox remain empty? If you mean empty as in no letters at all, 0%. If you mean no mail for me, 75-85%.
  1. does the phone not ring at all? Probably about 80%
  2. do you shop for groceries? Probably 10-15%
  3. does the TV stay off all day? I’m guessing 30%. I am interpreting this question literally (so if I’m watching a DVD, the TV has not stayed off).
  4. do you not listen to the radio? Maybe 25% during baseball season, nearly 100% the rest of the year
  5. does your vehicle not leave your property? I’m guessing around 10-15%
  6. does the mailbox remain empty? 15% (Sundays and postal holidays)
  1. does the phone not ring at all? 0%

2. do you shop for groceries? 25%

3. does the TV stay off all day? 0% – some days I wouldn’t turn it on at all, but my husband turns it on when he gets up and listens while he has coffee and puts on his shoes

4. do you not listen to the radio? 0% – I spend 4-5 hrs a day on the computer, and NPR will be on all that time; it’s also on in the car

5. does your vehicle not leave your property? 0% – I can stay home for days at a time, but my husband absolutely has to get out every day

6. does the mailbox remain empty? 0% - there’s always something

House -0%. Some yahoo telemarketer will call the house phone at least once a day. Regular people, not so much. I only keep it for Hubby’s family (they’re used to the number)
Home Office - hmm, usually get 3-4 calls per week. 42%.
Cell - between clients and family, I get calls every day (plus text msgs). 0%

1. I turned this chore over to my 19-yr old son. Neener neener! 0%

2. It’s only on at night if Hubby is watching. Technically it is off all day. 30% if you count nights.

3. I listen to the Internet radio while working. Never the car radio. Never while not working. Maybe 10%.

4. Maybe 1-2 days per week. I have an office downtown too, and often go on site visits on the weekend. 10%.

Home - always some junk mail in there. 0%
P.O. Box - hopefully checks are arriving! Junk mail always as well. 0%.

1) does the phone not ring at all?
0%. I’m both a busy person and the mother of a teenager.

2) do you shop for groceries?
2 days a week (These aren’t all going to be in percentages. I’m not good with the maths.)

3) does the TV stay off all day?
I’d say one day per week. It’s often left alone on Saturday.

4) do you not listen to the radio?
Radio or music? If the former, nearly 100% of the time. If the latter, nearly 0% of the time.

5) does your vehicle not leave your property?
I have no vehicle, but if the question is really “how many days do you not leave your house at all?” the answer would be about once a month.

6) does the mailbox remain empty?
Physical mailbox? Sundays. Email Inbox? Never.

1. The phone rings a few times a day here (at least,it does on my days off); I almost always have to get it, because my roommates are both half-deaf although everyone has a phone right next to them. It’s almost always the same few people.

2. One of my roommates does most of the grocery shopping, because it’s a recreational activity for her. I go every other day or so for cigarettes or cat food or maybe a bottle of wine.

3. Alas, never. As I said, both of my roommates are half-deaf, and they usually both watch different channels. So I have two TVs on different channels playing LOUD 24-7. (It’s actually almost worse when they watch the same thing.) I don’t watch television. I mostly don’t like it.

4. Every day. I hate radio because I loathe the loud commercials and constant yakking in between the occasional song which I may or may not like. I much prefer to select the sensory input myself. (except, see above. Oh, the irony!)

5. I don’t own a vehicle. I haven’t learned to drive. I am happy on a bicycle for most excursions. I don’t mind rain. Riding on spring and summer evenings is bliss.

6. 97% of days. I got a gift certificate at Amazon for Christmas so I got a few packages for a minute; but not at home! My mailbox isn’t secure. I got them at work.

About 50%
    About 5%
    90%
    100%
    5%
    25%
  1. does the phone not ring at all? About 87% (including both cell and landline I get maybe one call a week)
  2. do you shop for groceries? About 33%
  3. does the TV stay off all day? About 20%. Generally the news comes on in the mornings. Without that it’d be about 80%
  4. do you not listen to the radio? 3% I pretty much drive somewhere every day.
  5. does your vehicle not leave your property? 3% See above
  6. does the mailbox remain empty? about 60%. Without my payslip, more like 90%
    Home landline - 5-10%. Mobile - 95%

5-10%

50%

100%. I don’t have a radio anymore, and don’t really miss it.

I don’t drive.

5%. Great now I’ve put up a “no junk mail” sign.

1. At least 50% at home. 0% at work.
  2. 75% or so. I tend to buy fresh fruit and vegetables on the way home from work.
  3. N/A - I don’t have a TV.
  4. 0% - I have the radio on in the morning when I’m having breakfast.
  5. N/A - I don’t have a car.
  6. 0% - even if I don’t get anything in the post, there’s always junk mail.

1) does the phone not ring at all?
Home phone, maybe 75%. The only people who call the home phone are telemarketers and my mother-in-law. Cell phone, maybe 50%.
2) do you shop for groceries?
Say 15%. Every Sunday, and sometimes I stop to pick up something.
3) does the TV stay off all day?
0%.
4) do you not listen to the radio?
Car radio, 0%. Home radio, 100%. Poor reception at home.
5) does your vehicle not leave your property?
1%. If I’m sick, maybe. Or if I’m with my husband and he drives, but usually I drive.
6) does the mailbox remain empty?
15%, if Sundays count; if Sundays don’t count, then maybe 3%. A very strange day to get no mail.