In which a certain shop owner is reviled.

So, CarnalK , have you changed your opinion about SBSO having stage managed indignation?

In my part of the U.S., randy means “having an active libido” as opposed to “all hot and bothered and drooling while they look for a place to drop their pants” which is the impression I get of the word in (some) British novels.

I see the problem: you’re supposed to be pretty and wear cool clothes.

You’ll correct that by next semester, right? I’m seeing Hollisters is having a great back-to-school sale on some cool kneepants.

Not really - but it doesn’t affect my comments here in the slightest. I’m not the type to choose up sides in an argument and then throw reality out the window while defending everyone on “my side”.

Guess I wouldn’t make a very good lawyer, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

So given what you have pointed out to be SBSO’s stage managed indignation in the pervert threat, you do not perceive any stage managed indignation by him in his Cafe thread?

First, tell me: Are you still defending your comment that “You know that something is not right when you come across someone slinging little balls of deficate derision at Jodi”. And is that comment essentially saying: “if someone is mad at Jodi, you know the guy’s a troll”.

I don’t know if he is a troll or not. If I was certain that he was, I would never have encouraged him to join the Boards as I did. His disproportionate aggression toward Jodi suggests to me that something is not right. Could very well be he is a troll, or as you put it, he stage manages his indignation; could be it is in his nature to embark on controversial discussions only take offence and then strike out far to easily, essentially biting off more than he can chew and then getting upset; could be he was simply posting drunk or was under some sort of stress at the time he posted. I don’t know why he did what he did, but quite frankly, it does not pass the sniff test.

Now, my little tourettes sufferring compadre, I ask you a second time, do you think his response in the cafe thread was stage managed?

This is a local shop, for local people - there’s nothing for you here.

I’m back (a bit later than I expected, but some things came up).

There was nothing disproportianate about my agression towards Jodi. She was being very rude - and lets, face it, my credibility was at stake. I didn’t take offence as such, and in fact was (and am) pretty laid back. But sometimes you have to be forceful to make a point, you know?

I’m not the person who created the forum descriptions! I was looking for discussion of a MPSIMS nature, it just seemed to me that I had to put it in the pit.

I don’t see it as my duty to aim all of my threads at the lowest common denominator.

It isn’t resolvable by use of a dictionary. I’m asking what it means to be a professional - the OED will not resolve that.

See above.

Actually, I am a bit late changing my car’s oil… :wink:

But the purpose of that thread was to explain to people why my posts might be illegible.

I was hoping someone could tell me something about the phone number (as I don’t know anything about the meaning behind Tunisian numbers.

I don’t see anything wrong with any of the above.

This might be true spirtually. I’m working on it.

In retrospect this was pretty stupid behaviour by yours truely.

Partly this is because I am naturally a bingey, hyperactive person (I’d have made a lot more than one hundred posts had it not been for the pesky anti-flooding system). But it’s also because I like to do things fully if possible.

In all honesty, I don’t do very much in the shop these days, as I have more important things to be getting on with.

I am fairly brash. You, I believe, are probably fairly shy (but also more thoughtful :)). It takes all kinds, and I don’t think that restrictions are the way to deal with it. But of course I respect the moderators’ judgements.

This would lead to me posting (very) drunk!

I won’t dig that thread up again, but I wasn’t advocating anorexia as a cure for obesity, I was advocating more pressure to become anorexic as an obesity cure, but on the macro level.

Nah. You didn’t answer my question so I’m not going to answer yours.

And why do we have so many Dicks in national politics?

CarnalK, I directly answered your question, and of course I stand by my posts. Now, for the third time, do you find SBSO’s indignation in his cafe thread to be stage managed?

Would it not be more polite to ask me? I’ll even give you a straight answer!