Irrational Crushes on Fictional Characters

I am hopelessly in love with Amos Walker from the Loren Estleman mystery series. Love them cynical noir heroes (but not in RL, where too-cynical people just make me tired.) Also Travis McGee, whose attitudes toward women completely stink, but what a man :slight_smile:

And (blushing) I still love Racer X after all these years.

Catrandom

I had a huge crush on Gus from Lonesome Dove.
He had a great sense of humor, he loved to talk and he was very tender. When I found out he was going to die, I almost put the book down and stopped reading. For some reason, I always envisioned him being played by James Garner. (Jim Rockford—another fictional crush!)When I found out Robert Duvall was going to play him, I couldn’t believe it. Up to that point, Duvall had mostly played heavies—not wonderful human beings like Gus! But, Duvall did a great job. I later found out Larry McMurtry envisioned Gus as James Garner, too.

–Gail
“Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.” --John Cleese

I couldn’t even name all my crushes from books! Remember Stu Redman from, “The Stand” by King? Hmmm

And there was this romance novel called, “Twice in a Lifetime” by Rebecca Flanders. The lead male was Kyle Waters. I loved him so much I wrote my own story about a man like him. I changed the last name, though. I still, to this day, have a thing for the name Kyle.

Jessica Rabbit from WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT.
Wonder Woman.
The Invisible Girl of The Fantastic Four.
Jadzia Dax, but not Ezri. (I prefer tall women.)
Elly Mae Clampett.
The ORIGINAL Miss Emma Peel. (Accept no substitutes.)
The ORIGINAL Batgirl. (When Alicia Silverstone stops acting like she’s sixteen… maybe.)
My first fictional crush, Lt. Uhura.

Those who do not learn from the past are condemned to relive it. Georges Santayana

I second that crush on Gus from * Lonesome Dove *. Something about a cowboy…I wept buckets along with Call the whole way home.

Boris B: Padmé was the alias Queen Amidala used when she was travelling with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, particularly when they were on Tatooine. She was much cooler than when she was all done up in that frightening Queen’s attire… Especially during the assault on the palace at the end.

“Well, roll me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes!”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

My first major crush (age 10-12) was on Mannix. Of course had my fantasy come true, I would be either dead or in jail, so perhaps it’s as well this was unrequited…

Sue from El Paso
members.aol.com/majormd/index.html

Ah, Daniel, thanks for reminding my of Lisa Hayes. She was one of my first fictional crushes. :slight_smile:

Smart, beautiful, capable. As close to perfect as you’re going to get. I also kinda had a thing for the Bridge Bunnies.

1. Angelica Graynamore
  2. Dede
  3. Patricia Graynamore

Meg Ryan is of course one of the reasons I ranked Joe versus The Volcano as my #1 movie of the 90s in that thread. And one of the reason I HATED You’ve Got Mail is that it involves Tom Hanks playing a character named Joe who at one point in the movie breaks up with a woman named Patricia :frowning:

For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, Angelica was a redhead Meg Ryan, and by her own admission, a flibbertigibbet.

Also on my list: Jughead’s girlfriend from Jughead’s Time Police, January McAndrews (Archie’s descendant from the future).

and Billie Reed from Days of Our Lives when she was played by Lisa Rinna.

“I’m just too much for human existence – I should be animated.”
–Wayne Knight

Second vote for Belle from “Beauty and the Beast”.

Hawkman…in the comics…
And Kato, of “The Green Hornet” on TV, but then it got transposed onto the REAL Bruce Lee (no wonder)
And then there’s Bob’s BIG BOY. Red checkered overalls… kewpie eyes… tidal wave hair… and there was an actual icon you could go up & hug…mmmmmmm… BIG BOY!!!

okay, despite the danger to myself:

Sailor Mercury (Ami) from Sailor Moon – yes, I know, that sounds really bad…but she’s so cute!
I started watching Sabrina: The Teenage Witch for obvious reasons…have you guys seen that spread of Hart in Maxim magazine!?

I’m not going to say anymore…Hi Zulu honey! I love you!!!

Ummm…I know this crazy woman who claims to be married to Bruce Wayne…she says he’s big, strong, handsome, rich, smart, clean, and single, so, hey, she grabbed him!

She says she’s quite happy and in all their two and a half years they haven’t had a single fight. Nor has he turned into a couch potato or forgotten to take out the trash. He even sends flowers and candy, but that’s going a bit to far, don’t you think?
SW

www.thecats.com

Like I mentioned in the earlier thread, Zorro… and that Pirate in the PBS movie Frenchman’s Creek… be still my heart what a hot bucket of lust! Ohhh and for one that prolly should go into the things you can’t admit in real life thread… the dwarfs from Snow White… all seven of them.

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

Seven of Nine, of course.

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Ariel, the Little Mermaid (moreso with legs rather than fins). Belle wasn’t bad either.

Disney animators sure know how to make sexy female characters.

I’ve got some naughty pictures of Belle, if anyone wants them.

Er… perhaps this is something I should’ve put in the “Embarrassing things…” thread…

“Well, roll me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes!”

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat

Ice (now deceased), from the Justice League America.

Well, before I met my wife, of course…

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@schicktech.com

“Sherlock Holmes once said that once you have eliminated the
impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be
the answer. I, however, do not like to eliminate the impossible.
The impossible often has a kind of integrity to it that the merely improbable lacks.”
– Douglas Adams’s Dirk Gently, Holistic Detective

I really have a thing for Lara Croft from Tomb Raider.
She is such a babe.
I think she’s such a hottie, I made a halloween costume of her, wore it last year and will again this year. I may stain my undies just lookin at myself in the mirror!
Blushes modestly

so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts. what’s so amazing about really deep thoughts? Tori Amos

Veronica, but not Betty.
Ariel from The Little Mermaid.
Lara Croft is yummy.

alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.disney

I’m just guessing on that one. Something like that. Regardless, you’ll never think of Disney the same way again.

Enright3