Irrational Crushes on Fictional Characters

While reading Canthearya’s Irrational Crushes on Celebrities I noticed that a couple posters (such as myself) mentioned that they had crushes on characters, rather than the actors that played them.

So, anyone want to share crushes they have had (or still have) on fictional characters - be they from TV, Movies, books, whathaveyou?

And mine, BTW, is Ezri Dax from Star Trek, Deep Space 9.

‘They couldn’t hit an Elephant from this dist…!’

Last words of General John Sedgwick

When I was four, I swore up and down that I was going to marry Bugs Bunny.

Make it fit.

Like I said in Canthearya’s thread, I love Worf. I just…love him.

I love Mark Wahberg’s character in The Big Hit, Melvin Smiley. I was drooling over him for days. There’s just something so endearing about a hitman who buys Mylanta by the case.

Hmm…I’m sure there are more, I just can’t recall them right now.

Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice – I’m absolutely in love with him

-M

You know how overgrown dweebs always have a crush on Dana Sculley? I’m an overgrown dweeb. Dana Sculley is like some kind of angelgoddess. Everything she does just makes me so happy. She’s the most huggable human on the planet.

This thread is particularly appropriate since I read an interview with Gillian Anderson and she just kind of seemed like any old celebrity. You know, doesn’t have particularly deep thoughts, had a wild adolescence, has a kid with a goofy trendy name, got a divorce, like her job okay but doesn’t want to be too strongly associated with one character … she could just has easily have been Brent Spiner or somebody. She admitted that Sculley was much smarter than her.

But hey, my odds with Anderson are only slightly higher than my odds with a nonexistent person anyway, so no big deal.

Nothing I write about any person or group should be applied to a larger group.

• Boris Badenov

This is easy.

Lara Croft, from Tomb Raider
Belle, from Beauty and the Beast
and Padmé, from The Phantom Menace

“Well, roll me in eggs and flour and bake me for forty minutes!”

The Legend Of PigeonMan

I’ve always had a thing for Wilma Flintstone.

Yeah, I know. She’s married. But still…

This space for rent.

Crush, no. But fictional characters I would love to be friends with (or the fictional profession I would like to have been able to join): the three good fairies from Disney’s SLEEPING BEAUTY.

… and on top of those neat wands, they have great theme music.

Jamie Fraser from the * Outlander * series of books. Rugged, articulate, witty, tri-lingual, muscular, stubborn, brave, loyal, chiseled, fictional. Rats.

Dana Sterling and** Lisa Hayes** from the Anime series * Robotech*.
MUCH GEEKIER than the rest of you.
Nyah-Nyah!

YO-HO, ME HEARTIES! ALL HANDS ON DECK FOR THE MUSICAL BATTLE AT SEA!

Ivanova from “B5.”

Lord Peter Wimsey!!!

Mr. Darcy would be OK, too. And Mr. Rochester. And DEFINITELY Richard III, as long as I could get away before he murdered me. (Yes, I know he’s technically not fictional, but I’m talking about Shakespeare’s version, not the real guy.)

Let every student of nature take this as a rule – that whatever his mind seizes and dwells upon with peculiar satisfaction is to be held in suspicion.

• Francis Bacon

Ok, Tengu, Ezri’s cute, but I really liked Jadzia. Man, if I could have been at her bachelorette party…
But, yeah, now that I think about it, Ezri’s really cute. And that damn Doctor Bashir got her, all suave and sophisticated, like he’s some sort of Doctor James Friggin’ BOND!

:: :Deep Breath::: Whew.

Damn smilies.

Go ahead and call me two-dimensional…
I’ve always had a thing for Trixie from *Speed Racer{/i].

I’ve always had a crush on Holden Caulfield from Catcher in The Rye, Nick from The Great Gatsby, and Billy Pilgrim from Slaughterhouse-Five. I have a thing for every David Bowie persona, but I don’t think those count. . .

Dianna Troy

That tight uniform…

Hey, GuanoLad, I saw Phantom Menace and I don’t remember the character you mentioned. Can you refresh my memory?

Nothing I write about any person or group should be applied to a larger group.

• Boris Badenov

Baron Von Glower (sp?) From Gabriel Knight the Beast Within. It’s a CDROM game. It’s played by a real live guy (Peter Lucas) but the character he plays is just so damn seductive! I’ve played that game through about six times just to watch the video clips of that man. And since today is a lazy Sunday…

I couldn’t play in the other thread because I do not GET crushes on actors or celebrities. Even as a kid I never did. Crushes on people in books, now THAT’S another story.

Nicholas Snow – never heard of him, huh? He’s the love interest in a book I read in Junior High. Constance by Patricia Clapp. Had a crush on him for years and still have a soft spot for him.

John Ives – another one nobody else has ever heard of. He’s the hero of Jubilee Trail, a historical novel set in California just prior to the Gold Rush. Written by Gwen Bristow in the '40s.

Mr. Darcy, of course.

Sir John Smythe from Elizabeth Peter’s Vickie Bliss mysteries.

Just to name four.

Jess

Full of 'satiable curtiosity