Is it "Bring a Dope to the Dope Week"?

When he first started posting, he had a series of threads about when it was moral to murder people and I asked if anybody else got the feeling he was a serial killer. When I found out his age, I felt a little bad about it, but on the other hand, I was fascinated with how similar tweenage boys and serial killers can be.

Yes, but as I like to point out to those people who add “Oh, yeah. This is the Pit. Fuck fuck fuck,” swearing is not mandatory. It’s fine to express yourself creatively without cussing, and nobody should feel pressured to do so.

I fuckin’ agree, but still, it galls me to see “faux cursing” with symbols like ampersands and asterisks in place of the actual words. It just makes me think of other forums I’ve been on that are less liberal-minded than this place when it comes to free speech, and automatically censor any swear words; there’s something very childish and silly about it. Words are words.

It always grates on me when people use unnecessary euphemisms.

“He took out his, ahem, uhm, teehee, man shaft.” or “I believe the woman may have been an, ahem, cough cough, professional pleasure delivery woman.” You don’t have to say throbbing cock and skanky hoe. Those aren’t the words I would ever choose. But who are these people who can’t write words like penis and prostitute?

Wait, Curtis LeMay is a tween? Did I miss that memo?

If he really is thirteen I think he’s asking provocative questions about the entire moral gamut just to figure it out and see how people react to them.

Yeah, let’s not be [distinguished African-American]ly with the curse words, since we’re lucky to be on a place whose Board software does not automatically change them!

Putting aside Curts’s out-of-the box political and religious views, he’s quite the “precocious” young feller, ain’t he?

OTOH, no one believes me when I tell 'em I’m 68.:slight_smile:

Apparently there was an age poll and he was the only one who voted “13 and under”.

But I think he might have also said, in other topics, that he was twelve or thirteen.

I was seriously thinking of sending a high school friend who I’ve recently re-connected with on Facebook here. I knew he wasn’t spiritual but apparently in the years I haven’t seen him he’s become the “athiest” atheist in town and has taken to bombarding his friends with anti-spiritual screeds (typical comment over the past week: "How omnipotent can the Pope be if his car has bullet-proof glass? ") I thought the SDMB could round off his edges, teach him to cite and be skeptical, etc.

But I think I might hold off now.

LOL send him in. We already have a boatload of idiotic hypocrticial evangelical atheists, what’s one more?

I’m beginning to think that this is the Straight Dope Abortion Board.

But, curiously, we can’t say “fuck you”.

Fuck that.

Right. He said so, anyway, and that’s good enough for me. I stopped reading his threads because they’re pretty silly but I’m not going to pick on someone that young either. I found that some of the earlier threads made a lot more sense in that light. He had a thread about whether or not it’s ok murder people if you know they’re guilty, inspired by the Agatha Christie novel. I thought, who the hell is thinking about “And Then There Were None” in their spare time? A 13 year old sounds about right.

Wait, the Pope’s omnipotent? Which branch of Christianity is this?

It’s the Church of the Super Pope. Just think about it. Superman wears a cape. The Pope wears a cape. Superman has the Fortress of Solitude. The Pope has the Vatican. Superman battles Lex Luther. The Pope battles Lex’s brother, Martin. Am I the only one that sees the similarities?

Yeah. That’s one of those laws—like “no crossing state lines while wearing a duck on your head”—that surely made sense to someone at the time, and somehow remained on the books until present day, where it causes only bemused befuddlement.

I used to post to a science fiction forum that had that sort of software. For a while, the works of the author of “Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep” came in vogue, and the board censor made those discussion a real pain in the D**k.

Yeah, that sucks. I did a double-take when I read the username, 'til I realized it wasn’t you. I’d say he’s one part stupid and one part selfish jackass.

For this alone I am contemplating joining the Church of Gun-Toting Monkeys.