Is it "Bring a Dope to the Dope Week"?

Are you sure ALL the monkeys get guns?

I used to post on a shooting board largely populated by guys of an age where they were likely in The War (or Vietnam) yet had a strange aversion to swear-words.

The ironic thing was that the auto-censor blocked the words “cock” and “butt”- which are the standard terms for “making a gun ready to fire” and “the part of the stock that goes against your shoulder”. :smack:

Apparently everyone’s also missed the memo that he’s got a freakin’ mental disorder. He reported he has l Asperger syndrome (and not the fake one everybody on the net claims to have.)

I think he’s doing remarkably well, considering he is completely incapable of noticing certain social cues. I know a lot of Aspies that would have wound up banned.

At least he’s not likely to even notice any hostility toward him.

In any case it would take just that kind of above-referenced youthful devil-may-care yarbles for a callow teen to nickname himself “Curtis LeMay”, so that part fits great.

OTOH, if SmartAlx is listening, I will offer to interpose myself between him and any hot sorority girls prowling his vicinity. Just because I can’t bear to see a brother suffer.

Dude, the Vatican beats the Fortress of Solitude without even breaking out in a sweat!

jsgoddess, did you forget about that person saying that “there isn’t anything wrong with Detroit’s current state, we like it that way”, or you simply hadn’t gotten around to suffering her? She appears at post 58.

Hey, not all Aspies are totally clueless. I mean, I’ve been posting here since last year, and so far I think I’ve only had one mod warning.

And I don’t think Curtis LeMay has any. Doesn’t mean social cluelessness isn’t annoying as hell.

You mean he doesn’t control the Strategic Air Command? Man, I’ve been afraid of him all this time for nothing?

Well, I had noticed that memo, but I don’t think it means anyone should have to treat him with extra sensitivity- unless he asked for it or something like that. And I try to treat him as equally as I’d treat any other poster, which is to try to be polite and such- though I will point out errors sometimes. But yeah, :Shrug: so he’s got Asperger’s. If he doesn’t find it a problem, I don’t see any reason to do so as well.

Though you’re right, perhaps others may not have realized this may become more tolerant of his antics? But I know if I were in his shoes in that case, I’d find that patronizing and slightly annoying. So I pretty much treat him just like any other Doper- deserving of respect, but no need to tip-toe around the boy.

Just because he has Asperger’s syndrome doesn’t mean he can piss in the pool with impunity.

I don’t think that’s what people mean when they mention his age. I think what people mean is “of COURSE his opinions are ill informed, immature and dimwitted - he’s just a kid !”

Which I can give or take. On the one hand, I have always resented the “meh. You’re young. You’ll learn.” dismissal in arguments. On the other hand, **Curtis ***is *aggressively clueless, and many of his posts genuinely scare the crap out of me, in an “is this guy a sociopath or what ?” sort of way.

• I meant the Aspie Memo, not the Age one actually.

Oh. Carry on, then. Go on, git ! Nothing to see here !

I very rarely visit the Pit, but og was I laughing my ass off at this thread, especially Sailboat. As usual, BigT sounds irrepressibly devoid of basic thinking, and it seems at least a few others have taken notice. As usual, it’s best to utterly ignore him.

Grass is always greener guys.

Pay to post= less school holiday postings, fewer posters with dubious motives, less jerks but also less entertainment and les opportunity for whole board pile-on-the-idiot threads.

Free posts= more kids, freaks, jerks and weirdos, but the entertainment factor increases exponentially.

Me, I just want to take Curtis et al aside, ruffle their hair and say “one day sweetie, you’ll understand, until then, shush, the grown-ups are talking” in the most condescending way possible.

I am young myself and the dumb 14 years olds I knew grew up into dumb 24 years olds. I haven’t read anything or heard anything from older friends to think they will suddenly see the light at 34. But you know, I could be wrong.

Well, you can ruffle my hair and put a ballgag on me and…
… wait, what were we talking about?

I don’t think Curtis LeMay is stupid, just really immature.

There’s hope for everyone. I’m 68 (last time I’ll mention it) and I got my big turnaround over the past year. What I finally got is I don’t KNOW anything. I’ve made and act upon what I assume to be the best assumptions (those that make me comfortable) about what I don’t know based on my previous experience of earlier assumptions and that’s about it.

I live in a world with 6+ billion (cite?) other assumptionists and I’m hoping we can work it out. Jesus prescribes forgiveness for man’s ills.

WARNING: My most subversive song and shameless self promotion.

IN OUR HEART

JESUS IS KNOCKING, KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR.
WON’T YOU LET HIM IN YOUR HEART? (YOU KNOW) HE’LL NEVER ASK FOR MORE.
HE ONLY WANTS TO HELP YOU TURN YOUR HEAD AROUND,
LET YOU SEE THE LIGHTER SIDE OF LIFE AND NEVER WEAR A FROWN
'CAUSE HE LOVES YOU, YES HE LOVES YOU IN HIS HEART.

HE WOULD ASK FOR NOTHING EXCEPT TO BE YOUR FRIEND,
TO WALK WITH YOU THROUGH ALL YOUR FEARS AND SEE YOU THROUGH THE END.
ANY TIME YOU STUMBLE, YOU WON’T HAVE TO CALL;
HE’LL PUT HIS ARMS AROUND YOU TIGHT AND NEVER LET YOU FALL
AND YOU’LL LOVE HIM, YES YOU’LL LOVE HIM IN YOUR HEART.

THAT DOOR WHICH OPENS INWARD CAN’T BE OPENED WIDE
WHILE YOU THINK YOUR BROTHER’S DOWN ON YOU AND YOU STILL HAVE THINGS TO HIDE.
THE LESSON OF FORGIVENESS IS ALL WE NEED TO LEARN
TO SEE THE DARKNESS FALL AWAY UNTIL WE CAN DISCERN
THAT HE LOVES US, YES HE LOVES US IN OUR HEART.

CAN YOU LET YOUR HEART BE OPEN FOR THE UNIVERSE TO SEE
AND KNOW GOD HAS FOUND YOU GUILTLESS? IN THAT INSTANT YOU ARE FREE
TO ACCEPT THE LOVE HE OFFERS, GIVE HIM ALL YOUR FEAR
AND THEN YOUR EYES WILL OPEN AND THE WORLD WILL DISAPPEAR
AND YOU’LL SEE HIM, YES YOU’LL SEE HIM IN YOUR HEART.

AND WHEN YOU SEE THE WORLD AGAIN YOU’LL SEE IT IN THE LIGHT
AND FIND ALL YOUR HOPES AND FEARS HAVE VANISHED WITH THE NIGHT.
THE LOVE YOU’VE FOUND WITHIN YOU HAS CHANGED THE WORLD YOU SEE
TO ONE WHERE ALL GOD’S CHILDREN PLAY IN PERFECT HARMONY
'CAUSE YOU’VE SEEN HIM, YES YOU’VE SEEN HIM IN YOUR HEART.

JESUS IS KNOCKING, KNOCKING AT YOUR DOOR.
IF YOU’LL LET HIM IN YOUR HEART, (YOU KNOW) YOU’LL NEVER ASK FOR MORE
THAN TO SHARE THE LOVE HE’LL FREE IN YOU, THE JOY THAT YOU WILL FIND
IN BRINGING TO A WEARY WORLD YOUR BLESSED PEACE OF MIND
'CAUSE YOU’VE SEEN HIM, YES YOU’VE SEEN HIM IN OUR HEART.

Amen.

Crazy religious nutjob? Cheeeeeeeck.