Is It Time To Have Another Portland Dopefest?

:frowning:

I work until 4… so I couldn’t get there until around 4:30 or so.

Otherwise, Saturday is good for me.

Ahhh, but who’s to say the party won’t JUST be getting started by that time?

So… is it in Portland or Salem?

Or… d’you even wanna go further south and experience the ecstasy that is Corvallis?

Corvallis. Hmm. I don’t do well around cows.

Ooops - did I say that out loud??

How about a vote?

Either that or Czarcasm could make a command decision and yet promise not to force anyone to actually EAT scotch eggs :wink:
(I’m not sure my arteries are quite that strong)

Cows?

Plenty of obnoxious beavers are around here, but few cows,

Oh… and why not bring those scotch eggs down this way. I have yet to try them.

:smiley:

You don’t have to eat a scotch egg. :slight_smile:
Would mid-February or early March be better for everyone?

Feb / Mar both OK here.

Probably mid to late Feb, for me. I’m likely to be gone most of the first three weeks of March, however.

Netbrain Horse Brass is a pub–meaning it serves food and is therefore open to minors (so is Thompson’s by the way), so please try to join us.

I think we should form a coalition of non-scotch egg eaters, just to provide support for those who may otherwise feel pressured into trying the vile things.

Early March works better for me than any February date.

Actually Kallessa… I believe Horse Brass has a no-one under 21 policy. We may want to call them and find out…

Of course, <shifty glance> one of the reasons my friends started going to the Brass is their lax id checking policy…

Just in:

It is age 21+ all days and hours - changed when Multnomah County changed it’s smoking laws, as smoking is allowed there.

And - I found out I won’t be going away until latish-March, so anything is fine by me now.

As much as I like the Horse Brass, should we change the venue so as to include our under-age friends?

Yeah, it’d kind of suck to do this at a 21+ place. Not saying some couldn’t retire there on the way home :slight_smile:

We could always do it at the alternate site- St. Johns Pub .

Ummm…what’s the scotch egg situation at St.Johns Pub?

It’s BYOE, I’m afraid.:smiley:

Hey, I might even be persuaded to stop on the way into town at the Horse Brass and pick up some take-out SE’s, if I promise to keep carefully away from ** Kallessa**, since I gather they are not her cup of egg. Of course, McMenamin’s might be a tad cranky about outside food coming in…

Or we could do dinner at St Johns, then those of us who are old enough and so inclined could go to HB and sample their Scotch Eggs, and broad selection of beers…

'bout time. now that I’m moved into the city I’ll be able to make it (work permitting)