Is your current SO the best lay you've had?

Post of the year in my mind :smiley:

Honestly? No. But I’m not telling him that.

For my money, sex is so different with different people (and even with the same person at different times) that it’s an apples and oranges comparison. Everyone I’ve been with for any length of time has been the best at something, even if it’s only being themselves (…in bed, heh), which is ostensibly why I’m having sex with them in the first place.

A line which has always stuck in my mind from Even Cowgirls Get The Blues was (to paraphrase) “Having sex with XXX is like hitching a ride around the block on a fire engine! The excitement, the intensity, etc. Having sex with ZZZ is like taking a cross country trip in a big old buick, super comfortable and satisfying. They’re both different and both great.”

Eh, what sex with Mrs M lacks in quality it makes up for in scarcity. It’d be more like it to call her the worst lay I’ve ever had. Either she knows or she doesn’t, but I certainly don’t see that harping on about it will improve the situation.

To answer this question anything like definitively, I think I’d have to re-assemble all the women I’ve been to bed with over the last forty years in a hotel room and re-sample their bedroom skills, some probably several times, to be sure. Sort of like a wine-tasting. Sniff a little bit, sample, spit, over and over, all weekend long.

Maybe I’d need a week.

Maybe longer.

You mean this rubber ducky? :wink:

My guy is a perfect fit for me, in more ways than one (including the dirty interpretation of that statement). He didn’t start out that way, but he’s a fast learner and he loves making me happy. The feeling is mutual.

Of course.
And I’d say that even if she didn’t read the Dope Board.
Honestly.

Is your current SO the best lay you’ve had?

Yes.

Make that the human ego. I keep hearing “male ego” crap, and it’s sexist nonsense.

As for the OP, hard to say because there’s always a mixture of feelings. I’ve had more sexually exciting experiences with other women, but without the level of emotional attachment I have now.

If he asked me “Am I good in bed?”, my answer to that is absolutely. The question posed here was is your SO the best you’ve ever had.

No, she’s not. Our sex life is limited to intercourse in three positions. When she’s into it it can be really good, but the lack of foreplay and variety puts it low on my all-time list.

What most bums me out is that I’ve become a worse lover. Half the time we have sex, she’s just doing it for me. She lies there while I basically masturbate inside her. You can imagine that she can’t stand that for very long, and I can’t either - the look on her face kills me, though she tries to hide it. So I do whatever it takes to finish quickly. The dejection I sometimes feel afterwards is far worse than the rejection I feel when we don’t do it for a long time. I feel like a complete failure.

[Therapy, counseling, or whatever is not an option - she is satisfied with our sex life. I am her best ever, but that’s no big deal because I’m basically her only ever and she has almost no interest in sex.]

Um…don’t mean to pry or make you uncomfortable, but…are you sure you want to be with this woman? Sex is such an important part of a relationship, I really couldn’t be with anyone long term who wasn’t into it. It’s a perfectly reasonable thing to end a relationship for, IMHO, especially if the other person won’t even talk about it.

{hug}

Yes, and hell yes. After 12 years together, she gets sexier every day, and she’s dynamite in bed. No question about it…

I have made my peace with it. We have two children, she is my best friend, and my life is great except for this one thing. It’s a big thing, but I value my family more than I value anything else.

No. That would have been a woman I cohabitated with in the mid to late 90’s. Sex with her was absolutely the best. We were besotted and insane with sex.
My wife, I must hasten to say, is a wonderful woman and is inarguably a far better life companion.
As for the earlier woman, it had always been embarassing for me to watch her, her sister and her mother bicker and fight over her father’s attention. I was thus not terribly surprised to find that after we went our different ways she married a man of her father’s age.

Yes. Details vary, but from a fantasy/fetish fulfillment standpoint, as well as a psychologically satisfying standpoint, absolutely yes.

We’s a couple o’ crazy animals.

No, my second was the best overall. But my last one was a very eager bedroom participant, although not particularly adventurous.

Rosy Palms? She definitely knows me the best, and so the orgasms are indeed stunning.

Still… she lacks a certain something…

Nope, but he’s my best partner ever and very very good in bed, we’re happy.