It's Employee Appreciation Day...

… and how are the higher-ups showing their appreciation? They’re throwing a cook-out.

After work hours. (specifically saying we can’t cut out early to attend)

In an area that has terrible parking availability.

And it’s gonna rain.

Yep, I feel appreciated.

And I want to spend my free time hanging around with people I’d not socialize with under normal circumstances.

Incidentally, that was sarcasm.

I’d feel more appreciated if I had cash, or a gift certificate, or an afternoon off. Does anyone with any power have a clue?

<sigh> Lunch is over - back to the pile of crap on my desk…

Our HR Department gave all of our secretaries aprons for Secretaries’ Day. They were beautiful, starched, heavy BBQ aprons, with the firm’s logo on them. The HR Department was totally clueless as to the symbolism, but then they don’t have any real power either.:wink:

Nope.

Most of the places I’ve worked, the bosses think they’re doing you a favor by letting you work there. We’re not ‘personnel’ any more, we’re ‘resources’ to be ‘managed’.

Anyway, we appreciate you FCM.

Keep up the good work.

Shucks, thanks, Bumbazine!!

Mind if I ask - is that the royal “we” or did you take a poll??

:smiley:

Well, someone did tell me I was a royal pain in the ass once, but I don’t think that was what she had in mind.

Actually I just unilaterally took it upon myself to speak for all the multitudinous Dopers who think you are the cat’s pajamas, the bee’s knees, a real hot motor scooter. I didn’t think they’d mind.
::glares around::
Well, okay then.