It's Labor Day weekend, so I'm gonna...

Studying with a little swimming if I can manage it.

…bust my ass. Up at our cabin on Lake Harding, we had just come in from a ride in the pontoon boat. One of the detachable bumpers came off as we were docking and I went down the steps into the water to retrieve it, not thinking about the wooden steps being very slimey and slick. My feet went out from under me and I landed hard on my butt, not in the water but on one of the dry steps. I have a grapefruit sized lump coming up in a rainbow of colors and the minor emergency center is already closed. I’m not about to go sit on those hard plastic chairs in the hospital room for hours. Damn this hurts.

Ouch! Poor baby!

If you’re looking for someone to kiss it and make it better, though, I’m afraid I’m going to pass.

Sunday: Spring cleaning - getting rid of some junk I’m tired of looking at. Continue working on my media room (where most of the junk IS!)

Monday: replace the cooling fan in my car.

Well, for labour* day weekend I thought I’d prepare for labour. I’m being induced on Tuesday. I’m washing baby stuff and supervising my husband as he cleans the apartment.

I would have liked to have gone out to dinner or done something fun, but we have 85,000 extra people in town today for a Rolling Stones concert :rolleyes: . That’s close to doubling the population of the city proper. I doubt we’d stray too far anyway - gas prices being almost $1.50 a litre.

*Yeah I’m Canadian and that’s how we spell it. Wanna fight about it? :stuck_out_tongue:

Took down my inflatable pool, it’s always a sad day. I know it’s early but I like to have nice weather. There is a fair bit of wrestling involved and not a little backwash. By the end my back is sore and I’m filthy, but it’s done for another year. Clean, dry and ready to rise anew next year, I love that little pool.

We’re laboring. Painting, drywalling, electrical stuff, pretty much all that’s needed to change the guest room closet into the second master bedroom closet. We also installed a wall mounted TV shelf, and we’ve got a new ceiling fan to put in tomorrow.

I’m hoping to get outside and pick up some sticks somewhere along the line. We need to get our firewood ready for the winter, since we heat with oil… :eek: All in all, it will be a productive weekend.

Finish my laundry,
sort out the piles of papers in my room and truck some of them off to the basement,
vacuum around the house,
write some more of the stories I’ve been working on,
practice Spanish verbs and sayings,
make tea for my mum and take the dog for a walk,
and have a barbecue with the whole family (if weather permits).

Your basic stuff. :slight_smile: