It's Official: Jean Luc Picard is back!!

He also plays (basicly) Q on My Little Pony.

Sir Patrick’s full announcement at STLV is here.

How could anyone not love that dude?

He just recently finished a sitcom series called Blunt Talk. He is still on top of his game, and I imagine if he does need to take things a bit easier, this won’t exactly be an action series.

I don’t disagree about her feelings on Character and continuity but she is also on the writing staff of Discovery.

FWIW at SDCC a Discovery panel discussed how the show would be tighter with Continuity in its second season.

Re: Picard. Excited about the News I showed my girlfriend one of my favorite Picard episodes: The Drumhead. Now she’s hooked on TNG.

This is Jean Luc Picard. You think you can keep us out of Florida? We’re moving in lock, stock and barrel. We’re gonna be in the pool. We’re gonna be in the clubhouse. We’re gonna be all over that shuffleboard court. And I dare you to keep me out!

***Star Trek: More Affordable Than Moving

Star Trek: Geritol and Serutan

Star Trek: You’re Not Getting Older, You’re Getting Better***

I’m actually a little worried. He said this wasn’t TNG, and then avoided saying the one word I was listening for when he made his promise: optimistic. That’s what we need. Okay, so he’s not a Captain anymore, and apparently not just an Admiral, given how he talks about it. But I want to see optimism.

And they’d better just explain away those weird Klingons and bring the real thing back. (Note, I’ve never seen an episode of Discovery).

Still not enough to get me to pay for their streaming service.

I agree. I spend over a hundred $$$$ for DirectTV. That’s just the basic package with two receivers.

There’s no way in this world I’m paying a dime more for a streaming service.

Even the suggestion that I’m expected to hand over more hard earned money is offensive.

We pay far too much for television entertainment already. There’s a limit how much I’m going to get gouged for what used to be completely free.

I do hope Patrick’s revival of Picard is a success. He’s my favorite captain in the Trek world.

They should just bring this one back.

Yep. If would be on actual CBS, sure.:frowning: Otherwise no. :mad:

CBS streaming can suck my balls.

Didn’t Future Picard have some sort of brain disease ? Or was it a case of because he knew about this future development he was able to catch it early and he never got it?

I got the impression Picard’s disease was incurable. Much like learning at age 45 that you’ll have alzheimer’s at 80. Nothing can be done. Life sucks sometimes.

That knowledge would be horrific to know in advance.

This is Trek and they’ll retcon some bs explanation why Picard isn’t senile.

Maybe they’ll just insert him into each scene, surrounded by a pale blue glow.

…well she was a writer but it wasn’t her show. There were plenty of problems with Discovery, including the early departure of the original show-runner and the eventual revelation that the replacement show-runners were a couple of bullies. When your boss threatens you to “stay quiet” then I would suggest to you that the writers room probably wasn’t the most conducive of places to try and commit to “character and continuity.” Which makes it all the more fantastic she is getting her own show.

Having said that I’m finding hit hard to lock-down any news reports that clearly state she is the showrunner though. Amy Berg mentions on twitter that she “is behind the creation of the new series”, but everything I’ve seen list a creative team that includes James Duff of the Closer/Major Crimes which is fantastic, but Beyer is always listed last, so I’m not at all sure what is going on here. So maybe she made the pitch, maybe even getting Stewart onboard, but she might not be actual showrunner.

See, I was willing to pay. But then halfway through the season, they were like: “No more access to Big Bang Theory” And I’m like: “really guys? Fuck off!”

Apparently, “All Access” doesn’t mean what CBS thinks it means.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/patrick-stewart-to-star-in-new-star-trek-tv-series/ar-BBLuEB3?ocid=spartanntp

TNG had many flaws, but few would argue Patrick Stewart was one of the high points of the show.

Are you fired up?

Some are, yes.

:wink:

I might be fired up … the way I was for Discovery. :frowning:

Exactly. I don’t need top see a “dark” Picard.

I’ll pass.