It's Pimm's O'Clock! (Good TV Commercials)

What with all the television commercial hatred floating around the SDMB these days, I wanted to put up some ads that make me smile. Other contributions welcome.

I love the “It’s Pimm’s o’clock!” series that stars Alexander Armstrong as “Harry,” a somewhat-dim-but-likable toff party animal. Here is one. To view this one, click on “broadband version” or “narrowband version.” Just click on “play ad” for this one. This one is my favorite; again, click on “broadband version” or “narrowband version.” This one is on the brand website; click each thumbnail at the bottom after the main commercial plays.

I also like these two ads for Wall’s sausages, the second of which I don’t think would have a prayer of airing in the U.S. Then again, I may be wrong. Anyone got others to add?

The commercial is for DishTV which I have no opinion on, but I really like the “Big big big big… big big big big!” commercials, if only for the guy dancing by the stereo. Plus, walking around Sam’s Club gives you plenty of opportunities to sing the song. Sadly, I can’t seem to find a link to it anywhere.

This word “toff,” what means it?

After watching a couple of adds, I guess it means “impossibly dense.”

It means “stereotypical upper-class posh person”.

I really liked the first few “celebrity” ads from GEICO insurance. Try this link to see some of them:

Unfortunately, GEICO’s ad agency, as usual, doesn’t know when to quit. The new batch (with “Mini-Me” Verne Troyer and Peter Graves) are at best lame and at worst downright creepy. Love the Little Richard and Charo ones, though.

I actually liked this one so much I downloaded it:

http://media.rozerem.com/RozeremTVspot.m4v

There are some wonderful old series of ads from Britain. The Qualcast vs Flymo ads, the ‘Happiness is a cigar called’ ads, the Nescafe romance, the Smash ads, and many more.

I kind of like the one with the guy who does the voiceovers for movie trailers. He looks a lot like I expected him to.