It's Time For A New MMP

Nigh onto 3 years ago, we moved to Elkhart. This house is very nice, but it had a few flaws. We got two important ones fixed today. There was one big step down to the garage. I always worried I was going to fall going down, and going back up was a struggle without a grab rail. Now, it’s two wide steps down, with a grab rail. It’s a lot easier for my wobbly old legs. Another flaw we got repaired was the gap at the bottom of the screen door from screened patio to the back yard. A few times mice sneaked through that gap and scurried into the house when we had the big sliding glass door to the house open. That door has no screen door. That meant when we’d open all the windows on a nice day, we couldn’t open the door to the patio. Now we can. I’d give our handyman a great review on Yelp, or something, but he says he has more work than he can handle.

I don’t know where I read it, but one of the differences between upper and lower class architecture is the ratio between the rise and tread of stairs. Steep stairs with narrow steps spells lower class spaces.

I finally got around to working on the balky drain on the back bathroom sink. I let the drain goop work for 30 minutes “for stubborn clogs,” flushed it with hot water. That helped some, but I had to use the force cup. (I call it the spucketa-spucketa thing.) That yanked up huge wads of gunk. It’s working a lot better.

I finished the Things I Ate As a Kid jigsaw puzzle, and I’m starting on the State Trivia puzzle. I laid out all the border pieces on the in progress side of the table, and the rest are on the other side. Those that didn’t fit there are in the upper and lower parts of the box the puzzle came it.

Dicey, some of the people who don’t like cilantro say it smells like soap to them. The soap-cilantro link is usually hereditary. (Again, where did I read that? I don’t remember.)

The chicken veggie soup turned out yum! I used Asian veggies in it and seasoned it with garlic, curry and ginger.

What a day, what a day, what a day! Walked to work with a sweatshirt on and it was glorious, sunny and mid 50’s. Manager was not in again and I wasn’t about to do his work again so I called the Deputy Director but he said he had a jam-packed schedule. So I asked a Supervisor if he would mind doing it and he was agreeable. I had to explain to him what to do. He did about 2/3 of what needed to be done and I did the other 1/3. Even with that I was only able to get one of the 4 days that I needed to get recorded completed.

BF came and picked me up and we went to the Egg Bar. The drinks were supposed to be $5@ but since it was our first time there and it was Coffee Week, the manager gave them to us gratis. I ordered a Pumpkin Spice cold brew and BF got a Salted Caramel cold brew. We each had a few sips of each others and we both agreed that mine was the better drink. We were thinking about getting some lunch but decided to pass today. BF is GF; manager explained that they have breadless bowls and we’re both interested in that for another time. At the very front behind a glass wall is a little room that doesn’t have any windows but does have a roof over it. So open air but not in sun. So, we sat on the comfy couch and had a delightful visit. Then she took me back to the office

Was able to complete the other 3 days along with correcting a day from last Monday that had one error on it because I forgot to save the worksheet that I had revised before I imported it into the financial software. Worked a total of 6 hrs. Wrote a recap to manager in which I told him I’m not coming in tomorrow.

Then walked home and had leftover lasagna and mediterranean vegetables.

boofae I don’t know about you but every so often, I enjoy it when Hubs goes and visits a friend for several days. Hope you enjoy the peace and quiet while 'im indoors is in Scotland taking care of his Mum.

My lazyboy is calling me now.

Howdy Y’all! Sketties ‘n meatballs just hit the spot for both of us. Musta been just what we needed. We achieved nappage and day drinkin’ as well, OYKW is watchin’ one of his crime shows and I am goin’ to see whatup on teh intartoobz.

JtC here’s a silver linin’ for ya. Be glad you are not tryin’ to get permits from every county in Jawja. That’s 159 counties! Jawja really has way too many counties.

BooFae Cherry might be my spirit animal. I, too, can be lured with the promise of food.

MOOOOOOM prayers headed out for your mom that the docs figure out what’s needed. As to the RDOS scale of sloth, there are things we must do in order to survive, so we do. There are things we need to do from time to time, but we can survive if’n we decide to put it off. Then there are things that we could do, but maybe don’t need to do often, so we can ignore those at will. Also, if’n you decide that particular day you don’t want to do anything, well, we are RDOS, so who’s gonna make us?

MetalMouse no I did not need that information. KFC already had that abomination that is puke chikin, smashed N.O.T., corn and gravy in a bowl. Plus the chikin just is not good.

rocker I like the cat yeetin’ the crown tshirt.

Cookie it’s sad to let sump’n you once loved go. Hope your grandson enjoys the guitar for many years.

Nellie YIKES! Hope you’ve been able to get your eyedrops by now. Also glad brother’s problem got resolved. You deserve at least one martini a day for all you are dealin’ with. Matter of fact I hereby prescribe that. I am sure my learned colleague Dr. doggio will agree. Real chikin fried steak is a treat unto itself. It must be made by someone who knows what they are doin’. That ain’t KFC! Also, snausage gravy and bizkits is very tasty, again, when done right. However, it does look like a dawg barfed on a bizkit.

Mollie I am sure Squeaky felt like some kind of nineteenth century pioneer out on the prarie havin’ to actually lift the garage door. Sounds like those fires suddenly became dumpster fires. Door Dash delivers panes of glass? I have never used Door Dash. Maybe it’s me who is the nineteenth century pioneer out on the prarie.

nuts yes, a quail aig omelette and pretend you are a sixteenth century Tudor monarch. They ate such things.

Knotty a good handy person is worth their weight in gold. We have one who is a treasure. He does great work and his fees are very reasonable. Glad the drain is workin’ much better now.

Cat_Glove SCORE on the free drinks! Glad friend and you had a good time.

Re the mysterious delivery to the school. Several years ago, maybe two or three years after the school opened, Mrs Magill had to pick up some hardware for (wait for it) Band. She had the sales tax free letter for the PTSO. We suspect Home Despot put her name on the account, rather than the PTSO’s.

I napped. Spot joined me halfway through, after loudly announcing his presence. I’m having an Old Fashioned, cheeseburger(with Stilton), fried and corn with Old Bay and butter.

Suffering builds character

:rofl:
{{{{nellie}}}} you deserve a daily martini after all that.

Deviled aigs.

Mmmmmmmm.

That makes sense.

Evening all. Gym was gymed, that &(^&^*&( lying scale at the gym says I gained 5 pounds last week (in fairness, trips to the Golden Corral do tend to add weight to the frame, but c’mon..) so will be watching my diet the rest of the week. Soccer was refereed, the new ref did well, but he signed up to do a U15 game tomorrow by himself and that may be just a wee bit harder than doing a U10 game… Otherwise a quiet day.

Cookie, I feel for you and your guitar probably gently weeps for you. One of these days I’ll have to stop soccering and that is a day I am not looking forward to (I plan to go to 75 and evaluate how I’m doing at that time, so 2 years to go).

nellie, not a great weekend, but glad both you and brother are doing better. And you have a damn good excuse for those extra martini’s, IMHO.

I get Braunschweiger, which is a distinct variety of liverwurst, and I usually have it at least 3 times a week on sammiches.

But we didn’t start the fire…

And keep an eye on your credit card, just to be safe.

FCM, sounds like a busy Moanday. And motivation is over-rated..

Hot biscuits opened and slathered with butter, so delicate that they practically melt in your mouth…

Ohio has 88 counties as mentioned, seems to me growing up there I had to memorize them once as a youth in a class, but most of them are lost like tears in the rain…

JtC, I have a box of T-shirts from various James “The Amazing” Randi’s conventions back in the early 2000’s, I hate to toss them but also can’t see anyone needing them for donations, so they just sit in the box. And thanks for the explanation, might look into that.

Oopsie, regarding the Legos, :musical_note: Anticipation… :musical_note: And you have a deal, about an hour’s drive but through some lovely country.

wet one, glad you joined the anti-flu fight. Hopefully enough get vaccinated that it doesn’t become a problem (no bets on that, however).

Knots, sounds like good solutions to your issues, and I concur, finding a good handyman is wonderful, but getting on his schedule can be frustrating.

Cat Glove, good on you for being pro-active, hopefully it will get noticed (and not ignored). Aand sounds like a place worth a second (or more) visits.

And that’s all the ambition I have for now. Will watch the end of the tackleball game and head off to bed. Catch y’all tomorrow.

Boo wanders off to find Paterson’s Dublin shortbreads. Let no shortbread go unappreciated…<

Indeed they are. Easy to find and budget friendly. Goes ever so well with a hot cup of tea and a good book. Pecan Sandies, both with and without pecans are also lots better than no cookies at all and also good with tea or coffee.

And the cranky night nurse heartily agrees. I’d sign off those doctors orders.

Today I took my application for the job at the water district to irk, where I scanned it into a .pdf file, and emailed it to myself. I’ve saved it onto my computer. I also sent myself the email containing the Gallop ClifteonStrengths report on my personality. Why not? It’s about my strengths. In the morning, I shall endeavour to upload the application, a cover letter, my résumé, the letter of recommendation from my previous employer, driving record, and my personality report, to the District’s website.

The Internet went down this afternoon, about 16:15. Fortunately, it was quiet. I was in drive-up, and had to do a hand-written paper receipt. The Internet came back just over an hour later. Immediately, someone pulled into the drive-up. She took her time fishing around in her very large purse until she found her check, then signing the check, then putting it into the drawer… by which time the system was down again. If she’d been ready when she pulled in, I could have done the transaction. I wrote a paper receipt, but then she was on the phone with some guy (son?). While she was talking, the Internet came back; so I finished the transaction and then interrupted her conversation by thrusting the drawer out. She wanted another thing too, which I don’t have access to. I called my manager and spoke with her, but by that time the woman in the car said she’d just call on the phone. And that took me to closing time. I did the other paper transaction, balanced my drawer, and closed down drive-up.

I finished off the remaining zucchini boat for dinner.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to heave. It’s currently 64 degrees Ferret Height(17.778 Centipedes). It’s Hockey Season!