It's wrong to judge a person on how they look, but...

But…he fixed it! What more do you want??

Oh, man, that’s your next president.

They called Obama an ape, Dubya a chimp, Bubba a fat slob, Reagan an airhead, and well, remember Nixon?

Crap, Ted might be ugly enough to win* two* terms.

I actually have no problem with how he looks. It’s his sanctimonious, craven, pandering way of talking to get political attention that makes him such a jackass. And that’s why everyone in the Senate hates him, too.

Cruz also has a striking resemblance to Joe McCarthy. Do an image search for Ted Cruz and Joseph McCarthy and you’ll see dozens of side-by-side pics of them that people have posted.

It’s probably made up, but I remember reading an article about Bill, asking what the two of them debated about in college. He supposedly answered, “I didn’t start dating her because of her debate skills” or something like that. Even when chasing someone smart like Hilary, Bill’s other brain was doing all the thinking.

I’d like to say that the OP is very small minded when it comes to Cruz. The man has multiple talents and would easily nail any audition that called for a twit, a twat, a git, a snot, or a prat.

He does have a face you couldn’t hit just once, doesn’t he?

Wouldn’t have to, the dismay and shock upon meeting me, and discovering that a DFH was so much smarter than he is…that would be enough to feed my soul through many a dark and forbidding night.

Physiognomy has been making a minor comeback in recent years. I disagree with the OP, though. Cruz doesn’t look dumb at all, he looks creepy. Wouldn’t be a surprise if he had some bodies buried in a basement somewhere

He does look creepy… And smelly.

I always thought Cruz looked like a low-level 1920’s-era gangster. I can see him in a fedora and a pinstripe suit shouting “take that, ya’ lousy coppers!” while emptying his Tommy gun into a police wagon.

Spiders, so I’ve heard.

It’s not just the physical resemblance. He’s a similar kind of asshole.

It’s interesting that Cruz’s handlers didnt work on this because politicians employ professional image consultants that go over everything they say and wear and setup every picture to hide any blemishes. That is why John Kerry had botox and one can see how both Hillary and Trumps makeup hides any wrinkles or signs of age.

Thank you for starting this thread so I didn’t have to. I know looks shouldn’t matter, but the appearances of some of the candidates this time around (especially in the photos CNN likes to run) are downright frightening. Those pouches under Trump’s eyes are not only oddly enormous, they are a funny color.

Cruz always looks to me like he’s just guiltily removed a thick application of mascara and ruby red lipstick. Somehow in my mind’s eye I see him with pursed lips, making moist kissy noises, eyelids all a-flutter. And hey, if that were his thing, I wouldn’t begrudge him his little pleasures. Except in his case I would, because he’d be so intolerant of that behavior in anyone else.

That’s not Uncle Fester that’s Grandpa Munster

No that’s not… OK just forget it.

Hear is a natural reaction to affection from Rafael Edward Cruz

[quote=“boytyperanma, post:37, topic:746634”]

Hear is a natural reaction to affection from Rafael Edward Cruz

[/QUOTE]

That’s so cringeworthy. :smiley:

Many pictures of Cruz make me think “uncanny valley”: he looks kind of human, but not quite.

Nailed it. Exactly the one I was thinking of.

“In conclusion, and in summary, vote for me, Ted Cruz. Isn’t it about time America had a president with two extra toes and webbed feet?”