It's wrong to judge a person on how they look, but...

There’s a meme going around Twitter that Ted Cruz is the Zodiac killer.

On the other hand if you wanted someone to play the screeching harpy female whore of a politician Hillary would be so busy playing those roles she wouldn’t be able to actually be a screeching harpy female whore of a politician.

You’re a smart person so I’m sure you realize that the media chooses which photo they are going to run with an article and that there is more than one photo of TRUMP that exists.

This is true, although I don’t think CNN is deliberately choosing dreadful shots of Trump alone. It sometimes feels like they want the most unflattering shots available of ALL the candidates. Clinton always looks like a harridan, Sanders always looks senile, Trump looks demented, Cruz looks like a bag of spiders…and so on. Rubio, Carson, and to a slightly lesser extent Bush and Kasich seem to be the only ones CNN can’t get truly awful pictures of as they have the good fortune to be, if not necessarily eye candy, at least naturally photogenic enough to look normal. But the photos they run of everyone else make me want to claw my eyes out.

From The Onion: Ted Cruz Provides Detailed Response To Moderator’s Question About Why His Face So Fucking Infuriating

I think it is whoever is doing his makeup for public appearances. His brows are too defined, and his lips are too rosy. A more neutral lipstick and a lighter hand with the eyebrow pencil would make all the difference.

“Let me be clear: When voters look at my shit-eating, smug-as-fuck smirk, they can’t help but want to wipe it off by grabbing me by my waxy hair and smashing my face repeatedly into a tabletop. I believe that’s something every American can agree on.”

:smiley:

How come I often used to see that face and smile in decades gone by? It was usually worn by the annoying but otherwise harmless supporting hero or anti-hero. Is this another generation thing?

I’ve also seen a Facebook side-by-side of Ted Cruz and Mr. Haney from “Green Acres”. Yeah, perfect fit.

It’s inappropriate to judge female candidates by their looks, and it’s inappropriate to judge male candidates on the same basis. But mannerisms, go for it.

Not only that, but he comes across as the type to burn down a house to prove the fire hydrant doesn’t work. He’s really irrationally scary.

Actually Cruz reminds me of Janos Skorzeny, the vampire in the very first “Night Stalker” movie.

I’ve always thought he looks like Bill Murray.

Regarding Trump, I can’t get over the fact that, growing up in Northern England, a ‘trump’ was local slang for a fart.

I can’t help hoping that’s a little prophetic of the whole campaign. A brief spell of growing horror, disgust, a threat of much worse, but it all just blows away in the breeze, leaving nothing more than a horrible, shameful memory.

He kind of does:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bill+murray+imitates+crying+baby&biw=1366&bih=651&tbm=isch&imgil=-SALq-bK_ZPo0M%253A%253B8IXzIR-gVw9KCM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.upi.com%25252Fblog%25252F2013%25252F05%25252F22%25252FBill-Murray-imitates-crying-baby-in-viral-photo%25252F2951369255086%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=-SALq-bK_ZPo0M%253A%252C8IXzIR-gVw9KCM%252C_&usg=__Jr6McSX2UHYBDRpfix0nW0Iaw0A%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiWsZj4r6fLAhVHMz4KHUtRDQwQyjcIKw&ei=da3ZVtaiHsfm-AHLorVg#imgrc=-SALq-bK_ZPo0M%3A

The Onion weighs in:

“This is an extremely vicious jab at Ted Cruz, and one that succeeds in painting the candidate in a most unfavorable light,” …

I know that’s from The Onion, but if that article appeared in a reputable news source I would have believed it.