I've entered a "new paradigm"

Despite my avowed aversion to business jargon, I just used the phrase “moving forward” in an email. It was completely unintentional. I did it without even really thinking about it. Is there anything that can be done to help me? Or am I now destined to talk about “developing synergies” and “initiating dialogue” for the rest of my career?

HELP ME, PLEASE! I could “jargon” again at any time!

Well, just so long as your pardigm doesn’t shift any, you should be all right.

Relax. I’m sure your e-mail considerably added value to the dialogue. One thing, though; did you consider your target audience and leave them with any action items? I’m sure you can come up with some metrics to calculate the mind share you captured.

Just touch base with your direct reports, and give them a heads up. You want to make sure none of them are out of the loop on any mission-critical aspects of your message.

:exploding-head smiley:

Thanks, jk1245, I really needed that. :wink:

Will this impact on your ability to think outside the box?

I’ve never had a new paradigm, but lots of quartets of used nickels…

I heard one guy on CNN say something along the lines of wanting to “outreach to (a community).” Ugh.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Bullshit Bingo

The terms are a bit out of date with the latest managerial trends/fashions but you get the point…

OP:

If you havn’t seen Office Space yet, I don’t recommend it…not to you anyway. You’ll find yourself sputtering cliches at every opportunity for weeks after you’ve seen it.

bjohn13, have you seen my stapler?

Too late, my friend. :wink: