Iwant my thick brows back!

What did I do? On a whim I walked into an empty hair salon and got a haircut and let the stylist talk me into an eyebrow wax. I never had it done before. Now I am comfortable with my hairy body but I do pluck the errant hairs on brow and chin. I agreed to the wax cause I told her I wanted to keep the shape but cleanup underneath and between. My brows are nowhere near the unibrow look (which I find mysteriously attractive) so I didnt think she had much to wax.

YEOW that strip when pulled was intensely painful - lots of hair pulled out.

My face feels so naked now and my brows are arched into this look of surprise - I don’t like 'em!

I just hope the hair doesn’t grow in gray:eek:

Not that it should make a difference in allowing me to empathize with your pain and distress… but somehow it does. Are you a male or female?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes the hairs don’t come back, especially as people age. Good Luck.

I’m not particularily fond of having thick brows, so I can’t empathise too much. I tend to pluck mine to keep them in semi-reasonable state, but the damned things grow back far too quickly. I can however commiserate on the pain. Waxing hurts.

Still, it sucks when something like that happens. With me it’s usually haircuts. I have this theory that when they go to hairdressing school they’re taught a new language which is like english, but has several significant differences. e.g. “I don’t want it changed much.” means to them “Change my style in whatever way suits your whim. Hell, lets go crazy. Shave it ALL off if you want”. Quite possibly there’s a similar failure of translation for not wanting eyebrow shape changed too much.

I’m not particularily fond of having thick brows, so I can’t empathise too much. I tend to pluck mine to keep them in semi-reasonable state, but the damned things grow back far too quickly. I can however commiserate on the pain. Waxing hurts.

Still, it sucks when something like that happens. With me it’s usually haircuts. I have this theory that when they go to hairdressing school they’re taught a new language which is like english, but has several significant differences. e.g. “I don’t want it changed much.” means to them “Change my style in whatever way suits your whim. Hell, lets go crazy. Shave it ALL off if you want”. Quite possibly there’s a similar failure of translation for not wanting eyebrow shape changed too much.

I sympathize. I once went to a person that a friend of mine swore would do a wonderful job. I asked for my brows to be cleaned up a bit and given a light arch.

Apparently to her that meant I wanted to look like a surprised Romulan. I spent the next few weeks with upward pointing triangles for eyebrows.

But they did grow back. Eventually.

Ooh, this thread really needs a Surprised Romulan smilie.

Oh and I was feeling generous too, I bought haircare products and tipped her well. I felt sorry for 'em I guess, struggling cut rate salon in new shopping center.

BUt Im not going back, all three stylists had the same crimped blonde highlighted sloppy cuts. Like me now but w/o the streaks.

There are no precision stylists within miles out here!! I always have to retrim my own hair ends even.

Still not telling ** astro ** :wink:

My mom wanted thin eyebrows when she was young and got them electrolysed away. She regrets iseveryday as she draws them in. Be glad you didn’t go so far :slight_smile:

“but sometimes the hairs don’t come back”

I once asked here why that happens & I don’t remember getting one reply…
(why some women don’t have eyebrows)

[Homer Simpson] Mmmmmm, thick eyebrows [/Homer Simpson]
I love thick eyebrows on a woman… Brooke Shields, Kathy Ireland, Madonna (circa Who’s That Girl") droool :smiley:

Yeah, I prefer thicker eyebrows on a woman as well. I’ll be glad when the current thin-eyebrow style passes.