Jamie Lee Curtis, please SHUT UP!

I believe she has androgen-insensitive syndrome. That is a condition where a genetically male child (XY chromosones) will be conceived, but its body is insensitive to testosterone and so will develop as a female. Androgen-insensitive women are externally female, but they have no internal female reproductive organs. They do have undeveloped testicles, but they are inside the abdomenon (about where the ovaries would go) not “hanging out” like a man’s. Many times they are surgically removed to avoid the risk of cancer.

Since they are not affected by the testosterone in their bodies, androgen-insensitive women tend to look more feminine than other women. They generally have large breasts and little or no body hair. They don’t have problems with pimples or thinning hair. Given this it should be unsurprising that many beautiful actresses and models are androgen-insensitive, although few are “out” about it.

What endeared me to JLC was her appearance probably about 5-7 years ago on some awards program (IIRC, it was the American Comedy Awards). She was trying to present an award and Jon Lovitz comes up and starts poking her boob. She turned around and grabbed a handful of his crotch in retaliation. Jon walks back up to her with crotch thrust out and says “You missed!”. It was hilarious, live TV at its best.

That said, I agree that her phone commercials blow.

“She was trying to present an award and Jon Lovitz comes up and starts poking her boob. She turned around and grabbed a handful of his crotch in retaliation. Jon walks back up to her with crotch thrust out and says “You missed!”.”

—Ah, yes . . . Reminds me of the classic Burns and Allen crotch-and-boob-grabbing sketch . . .

No matter how bad JLC is she isn’t anywhere near as bad as Mr. Courtney Cox! Everytime I see him on the tube I fear for the future of humanity.
There is only one phone company commercial that I ever look forward to seeing and that is the one with Alyssa Milano. They are stupid, but they have her in them. Drool! And I don’t want to hear nothing about her having vestigial testicles, or anything else weird, either!!
Just hearing what was said about JLC hit me as bad as when I heard Rock Hudson was gay, fer cryin’ out loud. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

So I’m assuming an Eve Golden biography of Jamie Lee Curtis is not in the cards?