Jeremy Clarkson is a pig

That place sounds awful.

The only Guy restaurant I’ve been to is in Vegas. I got some deep-fried pepperoni sticks with a cheese sauce as an appetizer and the best thing I could say about it was that it was edible with a little effort.

My entree consisted of chicken wings with a wasabi blue cheese sauce and that was incredible.

I give the appetizer a D and the entree an A, I’d give it a C+ overall. I’d go again but get a different appetizer for sure.

Guy Fieri has really pulled the attention away from Jeremy Clarkson in this thread. He must be seething. Look for this in his next column:

“I hate Guy Fieri. Not like I hate Rachel Ray or (serial killer) Alton Brown. I hate him on a cellular level.”

Clarkson is the new Bill Cosby. For different reasons i can no longer enjoy their shows :frowning:

Agreed, which is why I did give him a .2 Clarkson rating as an average. He also did not impress on their Mexico episode. It was much less pronounced, and since he was always benefiting for the inevitable comparison, he avoided almost all of the legitimate grievances aimed at top gear. Still, I haven’t seen him say or do anything nearly on that level in his other shows, but that may be due to lesser exposure.

And while it was almost entirely a ‘fictional’ version of himself in ‘The Great Escapists’, it was a version was extremely tiresome and jerkish.

As mentioned earlier, by making it his bag to create a “himself cranked up to eleven” persona, Jezza just kept cultivating the worst in himself whether intentionally or unwittingly. This is never good, but is even worse when the general normal world is becoming less accommodating of such attitudes. Sociocultural collision course. What may have been given a pass as “lad humor” 30 years ago is no longer assured of it… and even less so when you have been no longer a lad yourself for some time. (And I have no idea what the Hell Meghan has done for him to say she deserved getting Cersei’d … other than OMG you stole our little Soldier Prince, he was ours to play with)

And how the audience reacts to Hammers, I suppose, may have in time become also affected by awareness of his brushes with spectacular violent death. (I mean, MY reaction is “bloody hell Hammond, after the first one you STOP getting into exotic high-speed contraptions” … but then again where’s my world-famous TV show)

I honestly think that a huge portion of the anti-Meghan animosity is fundamentally just unacknowledged freaking out over her—pardon the disgusting traditional idiom—“touch of the tar brush”. Seriously.

She is the reason that some people who are literally single digits away from the throne of the UK in the line of succession may grow up to be not absolutely fishbelly-white in complexion. And AFAICT that reality, for some people, on some level, just strikes them as intolerably WRONG.

Yeah, I cannot watch a moment of Guy Fieri on TV, but I’m happy he exists for what he does in real life.

Clarkson is the opposite. I appreciate what he does on screen (or I used to, anyway) but I lament who he is and how he behaves in the real world.

I might be banging the same drum again, but add misogyny in with that racism. She doesn’t just smile, and think of England, when she’s being screwed over.

s/ How dare that woman, who is not even white for pete’s sake, dare have feelings or opinions? The unmitigated gall of that woman to voice such things about her betters. She needs to remember her place and be happy that white men let her marry a white prince and not hide her in a box. No more than a jumped up mistress. The very nerve. /s
And that Piers what’s his face should go screw himself. What a whiny little piss ant.
These people disgust me.

I love watching all those brit panel shows like wilty etc and he’s been on a fair number of them, he’s always seemed like an ignorant ass to me. Even when it came to cars , if he didn’t like it personally then he knew very little about it. Although… as someone who enjoys Frankie Boyle and Jimmy carr (surprise I like Jimmy’s head writer!?! heh). I will admit I “lol” in a bit of black humour at some of his more vicious swipes IF only because the target at the time was a “worse” person than he is in general and would admit(I’ve seen him a fair amount of time say “I’m an awful person” with no caveat so , not a pass. But, a … ehhhh). I laugh but feel guilty. Much like when I think about eating bacon (as I’m eating something nearly as intelligent as I am etc , or if someone offered me dolphin for instance… Hitchiker reference… I would never , ever eat a dolphin or porpoise of any sort knowingly). I wish he wasn’t so awful , he can be funny occasionally. I like that dry sarcastic “burn”. So he’s my type but too often misses the mark.(mostly due to ignorance I’d imagine). I still admit watching him and Pierce snipe at each other amuses me. Just like when Tucker snipes at fellow republicans that aren’t evil enough heh…

Sorry for double posting so to speak(it’ll take me awhile to get used to it and properly paragraph and attribute in one post) but Cervaise. I have to know. I’ve always wanted to like Guy Fieri but the TV stuff makes me groan. I googled a bit and saw the relief fund but what else does he do that made you like him (honestly curious as I would like to, as well). Sorry for tangent.

Just read up the thread, there’s already lots of discussion. Basically, very nice, normal, friendly guy off camera, helpful and supportive and loyal to his friends and his TV show employees. Just scroll up.

My apologies for that , I seemed to have done that “alt or shift click” when I scrolled down (on a chrome book) and missed all that like a noob. Thank you for pointing it out. Feel a bit foolish now after reading it all heh. The man is truly one of the good ones it appears. Always nice to see . I always worry a bit with Ryan Reynolds. Seems almost too good to be true (or jackman or Ferrel) I keep waiting for the scandal.

Here’s the latest.

TLDR: it’s essentially consequence free.

Kevin Lygo, ITV’s media and entertainment boss, described the comments made by Clarkson as “awful” but said there were no plans to replace him as a host of the gameshow Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?.

j

You don’t replace the popular monkey exhibit at the zoo just because they can’t help throwing their shit at people. In fact, that might be why it’s the most popular exhibit.

One of the monkey exhibits where I used to live was popular because the male monkeys had learned to masturbate for the crowd. Which looks exactly like you imagine it does.

Sounds like ITV / Clarkson have found that masturbating in public works for them too.

The tigers in the San Diego Zoo would wait for people to come up to the fence, then the male would turn and spray them. He had the most wornderful look on his face. I swear, do not trust animals. They are waaaay smarter and evil then we give them credit for.

This.

There’ll always be a demographic that wants to hear Jeremy Clarkson insulting any of his usual targets: politicians, foreigners, environmentalists, celebrities…

Hmm - maybe not quite as consequence-free as we thought.

It’s not a permanent closure, but all the same…

(FTR, there are dozens of UK news outlets carrying this story. I do sense a little bit of glee, here.)

j

Just Jeremy desperately attempting to be relevant .

Here’s an excellent (though minor) woke victory:

Chumbawamba turn down £30k for Jeremy Clarkson to use their famous song on TV trailer - Mirror Online

Congratulations Chumbawamba!

Memo to self: find out about Chumbawamba, and maybe spend a little money on their music.