Joe McCain called 911 to complain about traffic

But… have you done it when your brother was totally fucking up his final chance to become President? I want to know how you have done shit on that scale…

I don’t understand all the snobbery Americans have about manufactured housing.

===========

I’m not/never have been a McCain/Palin supporter, but I have to admit that some of my fellow Obamajadin have been a bit unneccessarily nitpicky about them this week. I couldn’t care less if Sarah Palin pays $150K for clothing so long as it’s not public monies and if McCain’s brother ran naked down Main Street in a town in Nebraska swinging a double edged sword and singing Bye Bye Blackbird it wouldn’t reflect on McCain to me (they came out of the same womb, that means approximately nothing where adult lives are concerned).

I’m curious about this tenderness. If this were done by a McCain campaign staff person, would it be appropriate to bring it up? Should we stop talking about Ashley Todd?

Joe McCain has been working for the McCain campaign. Apparently he takes his brother’s jacket around to people and shows it off.

(Furthermore, what if it were done by some nobody? Would it be appropriate to pit it then?)

Not every thread about the McCain campaign is automatically an outraged attack. Making fun of his brother’s behavior is just that, making fun. I seriously doubt it would change anyones vote, but its amusing. Ditto with Palin’s clothes, it’s not really an accusation of wrongdoing, if the McCain campaign doesn’t think that Palin can do without 150k worth of clothing, its their money to spend. But that doesn’t mean we can’t make fun of them for it.

I agree completely. I’ve been enjoying the past week enormously. These ‘events’ are not crimes to be angry over – well, except for what’s her name, the fake attack chick – they are just enormous political boners that make it clearer and clearer how out of touch the campaign is with reality. Every one costs them some votes – I can’t imagine any of them gains them even one vote. And when they defend the behavior, as they always seem to reflexively do, it costs them some more. To be fair though, I haven’t heard anyone defend the 911 call.

Um… so what? I’m an asshole, but my dad isn’t. My dad’s a fundamentalist (well, Pentecostal) christian, but I’m not. GWB is a moron, but his dad isn’t. The apple sometimes rolls away from the tree after it falls.

You’re right. There’s just no evidence that both John and Joe McCain have a short temper.

Bwahahahahahahahaha! :smiley:

I’ll agree that Senator McCain is likely short-fused. I disagree that his brother’s misconduct is even remotely relevant.

Perhaps not, but it is fucking hilarious.

It may not be relevant to McCain’s personal behavior, but it is relevant to the campaign, as Joe was working on it. And now he’s not, so the campaign must have thought so too.

Anyway, this thread is just another instance of RO, one of many instances of the McCain campaign stepping on every rake in the yard this week.

I must admit I’m having great fun this week.

Thankfully, Obama has been successful at keeping his embarrassing brother out of the limelight.

Wait till next week, when they start running over their feet with the lawnmower!

How many times must I tell you people to STOP BOTHERING ME WITH LOGIC?!?!

This is what happens when I go all soft and spare the people of New Zealand from being bombarded with flaming monkey poo out of misguided Xena-based nostalgia.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Joe McCain is mentally ill?
Shame on you for laughing about this!!!
:smiley:

And then cut off their fingers when they reach underneath to clear the toes that have jammed up the blade.

Are you kidding? They have Mexicans for that!

:smiley:

“…Senor?”

“You heard me, Pablo. Drive the mower over my feet.”

“If you insist, senor.”

I’m just lucky I didn’t make a joke about him trying to get to second base at the same time.

Have you seen Joe McCain’s picture? I’m not sure if that’s a combover, or the worst hairpiece on a political figure since James Traficant.