Joe the Plumber running for Congress

He has apparently filed to challenge for a seat in Ohio’s 9th. I don’t know Ohio politics, but I can’t imagine he has a chance in hell. Has there been a bigger joke candidate since the Rent is Too Damn High guy?

Marcy Kaptur has held that seat for decades; I don’t believe any Republican has come within 15 points of her since she won it.

In my experience the Republicans in Toledo usually pick a caretaker candidate for the sake of keeping up appearances–often in exchange for a party job afterwards, but sometimes to shunt an embarassing nutball into a race he/she can’t win. That seems to have been the case with Kaptur’s last opponent Rich Iott, an outsider best known for playing an SS officer in a WWII re-enactment group.

Didn’t it come to light that he was never a licensed plumber, that he owed tens of thousands of dollars in back child support and that he had a couple of DUI’s?

Values Voters, we have someone that you can really relate to here in Joe the Plumber!!!

Didn’t he already pull this stunt back in 2010, or some special election?

Don’t be scoffing at" the Rent is too Damn High" guy. He provided lots of humorous relief .

Well, there was Malcolm Peter Brian Telescope Adrian Umbrella Stand Jasper Wednesday (pops mouth twice) Stoatgobbler John Raw Vegetable (whinnying) Arthur Norman Michael (blows squeaker) Featherstone Smith (whistle) Northgot Edwards Harris (fires pistol, then ‘whoop’) Mason (chuff-chuff-chuff-chuff) Frampton Jones Fruitbat (laughs) (squeaker) Gilbert (sings) ‘We’ll keep a welcome in the’ (three shots) Williams If I Could Walk That Way Jenkin (squeaker) Tiger-drawers Pratt Thompson (sings) ‘Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head’ Darcy Carter (horn) Pussycat (sings) ‘Don’t Sleep In The Subway’ Barton Mainwaring (hoot, ‘whoop’) Smith. Abolish impact fees indeed! :rolleyes: What a clown!

(Very Silly)

Joe would make a great VP to run with Cain.

“The Pizza Guy and the Plumber,” coming this fall to TBS! Very Funny[sup]TM[/sup].

Cain isn’t able do anything. Didn’t you hear what Bachmann said? If you take ‘9-9-9’, turn it upside-down, and look at it in the mirror, you’ll see plain as day a black man proposed it, so the GOP can’t have anything to do with the idea.

Turn the 9-9-9 upside down and it is still stupid.
It would slash revenue even more. it would be a terrific tax cut for the rich, who surely need more money from the rest of us. It would put the poor in deep shit because they would have a 9 percent tax on everyday expenses. if they live in N.Y. , they would pay about 18 percent on every purchase. It is a much heavier burden for the poor . The whole idea is too stupid to even address in congress.

Because of Ohio’s population loss and redistricting with the Republicans in charge of the state government, Kaptur’s district now runs from eastern Lucas County (Toledo) to western Cuyahoga County (Cleveland). Kaptur will face a primary fight with Dennis Kucinich.

Joe the Plumber will be handicapped by the fact that no one will recognize his name on the ballot. It is Wurlizter or something like that. “Joe the Plumber” will not be listed.

But cooler! :smiley:

Has anyone actually demonstrated this to be the case?

A 9% VAT would raise one hell of a lot of money.

It would be a boon to the wealthy and a horror for the poor. Since Social Security is paid for by taxes, it would end. Safety nets would evaporate. It is cruel .

Can he legally change his name to “Joe T. Plumber” ?

No offense, and I agree with you a lot of the time, but I don’t think this crowd would consider as partisan a site as The Daily Beast legitimate.

AFAIK he is allowed to change his name.

He should move to Louisiana where nicknames are listed on the ballot, and in Cajun country at least it seemed to be a problem not to have one. We had the choice of Sonny and T-Boy in at least one election.

Who’d you vote for, Sonny or T-Boy? Which was the D, and which one the R?