Kill Bill Combo DVD Release: What's the Straight Dope?

So, is there any official word on a DVD release of Kill Bill edited together as one film?

Ever since Vol1 was about to be released there has been talk of “I can’t wait until the full length DVD version, yada, yada, yada . . .” But I’ve only heard about this from the people who want it to be true (by the way I am one of those people), I’ve never heard any official news on the matter.

Wishful thinking led me to put off buying the Vo1 DVD for this very reason. Now Vol2 has been released on DVD, so I’m wondering if I should just go for it or if my patience will be rewarded. At the very least I expect there will be a release of the two films packaged together, even if they are not edited together.

So what’s the Straight Dop®e on a spliced Kill Bill DVD release? Is it anything more than a fanboy’s wet dream?

I work in home audio/video distribution, and I have heard nothing on the release everybody wants.

My educated guess would be that they’ll milk the market with the 2 discs, but with the relative lack of features on them the “Super Director’s Special Commemorative Limited Special Edition” isn’t far off. With Christmas on the horizon (for us, anyway) I’m hoping we’ll see it sooner than later.

Pai Mei says…" Be Patient, Grasshopper."