Last Comic Standing 8/30: Well, THAT was certainly uncomfortable, Ralphie.

Don’t know how many fans of this show there are, but I wanted to talk about this.

Did anyone catch last night’s LCS3 premiere? How about the extremely squirm-ariffic set performed by LCS1 team member Ralphie May? :eek:

I felt really bad for the guy. Having lost his father the night before, he obviously wasn’t in the right frame of mind to put on a 2-minute set. He ended up telling two jokes, both of which he said were “among his dad’s favorites,” and then left the stage crying.

I swear, I don’t think I’ve ever been that uncomfortable watching something in my life. I’m hoping he isn’t the one that gets the axe from the LCS1 crew, but there stands a middling chance he will.

Anybody else catch this? :eek: Yikes.

I sat there wondering if this was some kind of strategy. Probably not, but at the least he’s going to get a ton of pity votes.

I just got two great words to say about last night’s episode - King Hippo

…oh, and for those of you who didn’t see it, no, King Hippo has nothing to do with Ralphie.

I didn’t see this particular performance but I would guess it was just throwing shit on top of a shitpile. Ralphie Mayes is the unfunniest comic since Nick DiPaolo, a jerk, an idiot, and possibly even the unfunniest comic ever.

…but…but he’s fat! And…he’s a gangsta! It’s HI-Larious!

And this just in…Ant is GAY!

How can it NOT be funny?

In all seriousness, I thought he was pulling an Andy Kaufman until he said g’nite. I just knew he was going to pull it out and somehow make it a performance piece.

The only more uncomfortable stand-up moment I ever saw was during an episode of MTV’s Half-Hour Comedy Hour, when a bombing comic just flat-out walked off the stage during his set. It was just surreal and bizarre. I often wonder why he wasn’t edited off the show. Maybe he peeved the show’s producer.

I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but he’s also from… “DA HOOD!”

:smack:

Missed the show, mostly because I don’t like 90% of the first season peoples, had no desire to watch them again. Of the bunch, Ralphy was the worst