Last Comic Standing Finale

Let me just start out by saying that Ralphie May and Dat Phan are two unfunny comedians. I hardly cracked a smile during either of their sets. Ralphie had a year to come up with new stuff and he STILL recycled material - either that or he stole it because I know I’ve heard the jokes before. Dat Phan was his typical self, I wasn’t frowning for some of his set but that’s as much as I’ll give him.

Watching the sets the top three did, Season 2 is MUCH funnier than season one. I know comedy is subjective but I don’t think it’s even close. The top six of this season would bury any one in Season 1. Comparing Alonzo/John/Gary to Dat/Ralphie is like pinning seasoned pros versus amateurs. I don’t even think they are in the same class?

As for the winner, John Heffron well done sir. You can’t go wrong with any of those three but after rewatching tuesdays show I’m pretty sure he deserved it. I laughed at his set a lot even after rewatching it which is a pretty big deal. The others were worthy of being in the final three for sure and I wish them the best of luck.

Next season,

Pitting Season one versus two doesn’t seem all that fair to me. Dave Mordal is a solid comedian and I have a lot of respect for him but there isn’t much else in that house. I’d put a lot of money on Season two at this point. John Heffron is one solid comedian and will have a great career ahead of him - as will Alonzo, Gary, Kathleen, the sicilian, and even Jay for that matter. I can’t say the same for any in the other house or at least not a career on the level of any I’ve mentioned from Season 2. Season 3 is fixing to be a blowout.

What did you think?

I pretty much agree with everythign you said, especially about the fact that Season 2 is a thousand times funnier than season 1.

When promoing season 3, Jay Mohr said something about how in the end there will still be only one last comic standing. So maybe after they annihilate Season 1, the Season 2 people will have to duke it out all over again for the title.

Oops, I possibly should have SPOILERed that second paragraph. Then again, if you watched the Finale it’s nothing new to you, and if you didn’t then I’m guessing you don’t care.

The more I think about it, the more I’m excited to watch the next season. I’m confident in the blowout and I can’t wait for it to unfold.

I’d go so far as to say that there were people cut in season two who could have done okay had they been in season one - the trailer-voice guy was pretty funny. There are others I am sure.

Well, I was somewhat disappointed in the results, but I concede that all 3 of the finalists were quite funny. It didn’t seem like there was any outcome that could have been called an outright travesty.

I never watched season one, but I was pretty flabbergasted while watching Ralphie and Dat Phan last night. I couldn’t help but think that they wouldn’t have even made it to the house this season. I think I cracked one smile between the two sets, and now I can’t even remember whose set or what the joke was—not very impressive.

Am I the only one who thought Gary’s final set was much better than Alonzo’s? Alonzo’s was pretty average, I thought.

Nope, I thought Gary was the funniest and has always been the funniest. Perhaps I just like his sense of humor. On Tradesports I bought Alonzo early in the season at 30, then sold him yesterday at 62 and shorted him. Made some decent money. Alonzo comes off as a little too angry, and his setups were way too long. His bitch-fest last night about the message boards didn’t come off too well either.

Oh, and I couldn’t believe Ralphie May’s set either. Not a single new joke. I was embarrassed for him. Dat Phan never was nor will be funny.

I only saw one episode of Season 1, when there were still a bunch of people in the house, and I remember thinking how unfunny both Ralphie May and Dat Phan were at the time. I only learned about two weeks ago that they were the runner-up and winner of the season, and I was totally shocked.

Do I still need a spoiler warning?

I was glad John won - he consistantly struck me as the funniest. Alonzo is great, to, but his set on Tuesday was kind of weak. Gary is way funnier than Ralphie or Dat, but I don’t think he’s as funny as John or Alonzo.

I’ve seen him do the DaHood set with the drive through joke no less than five times. He opens with it a lot. The worst part is it wasn’t funny the first time.

That was not a second place set? (as Jay said) Damn right it wasn’t, it was a get in the prelims set (to paraphrase lorene).

That was the first time I’ve ever seen Ralphie May. I didn’t so much as crack a smile. Were those supposed to be jokes?

Is her serious with pretending to be black? Is that always his schtick?

He was about as funny as spousal abuse.

Well I was very pleased with the results.

I would have been happy if either Alonzo or John won. I was glad to see Gary get the boot first.

And um, the first series comics…I have a better routine just preparing dinner!