Least Appropriate Store Names

My canadian friend gave me a postcard froma local diner called Lik-A-Chik.

**Doctor J, ** I think I remember Hairport '77 from back when I was at UNCG.

The UNCG mascot is a Spartan. When I went back there for a reunion, I noticed that down in the student union they had a booth advertising “Spartan Services.” I guess it’s for folks who don’t want a lot…

Crabby Dick’s

MegaFlick’s (You need to look at the picture to see why it’s inappropriate)

These are great!

Heh–reminds me of a spectacular Mexican restaurant that used to be in Chapel Hill, NC. No orange cheese and shredded beef there: this place specialized in extremely spicy dishes flavored with tropical fruits you’d never heard of, lots of fresh fish and vegetables, and just generally delicious food.

It was run by this immense bearded Mexican guy who looked like a Grateful Dead dropout. He’d come out to your table and tell you absurd stories about the cultural history of your meal, often as not involving princesses being sacrificed in volcanoes or something.

The place was named Besa mi Burro, a great Spanish name that had no problem with the City Council’s restrictive sign ordinance until someone realized that the translation was “Kiss my Ass.”

We were tremendously pleased with the place, and devastated when a kitchen fire burned the place down.

Daniel

I can think of a lot of camping equipment that would work just fine for a crunchy-granola-style bondage scenario.

Not really inappropriate but good for a laugh is Dykes Lumber.

On my way to work I used to pass a hot-dog truck that was parked in someone’s front yard with a “For Sale” sign stuck on it. It was there for years. The name on the truck? “Danger Dogs.” Gee, was “Trichinosis Truck” too hard to spell?

I don’t know if it’s still there, but if you’re on hwy. 401 heading towards Toronto, there’s a large factory that has one lone word on the side of it in big red letters:

FAG

I’ve passed it several times, most notably on elementary school bus trips, where it brought much amusement to the students.

Oh, there’s also a company in my city called Cockburn-Cummings.

It’s Tom Raper’s RV dealership in Richmond, Indiana. www.tomraper.com (The slogan is “Save today Tom Raper’s way.”)

I always liked “D&C Pizza” on the east side of Indy (10th and something), especially since the signage was bright red. It’s no longer open.

Sadly, it has closed, but the sign for automotive accessory store Ellis The Rim Man on Comm Ave in Boston was a consistent source of laughter for many a Boston resident.

Then there’s C.O. Jones, a restaurant in New Haven, CT, that advertises their “Ballsy Mexican Cuisine.”

An economic development agent was giving me a tour of Lake City, FL last fall. We drove by the Fu King Chinese Restaraunt.

They got around that by painting the name of the restaurant on the side of a van (hand-painted, very sloppy) and parking it next to the building. :smiley:

In Western Colorado (and perhaps, elsewhere) there is a chain of gas stations/convenience stores called Gay Johnson’s . In Palmdale, California is a cosmetic dentistry office owned by none other than Y.T. Fang , although I wonder if that is a sort of nom de plume (or would that be, nom de dent? ) And not a store name, but a motto for a butcher shop in Santa Clarita, CA: Nobody beats our meats.

I remember a laundry place in Montreal Chinatown named Wah Shing.

FAG is a company that makes ball bearings. The 401 sign really is pretty prominent, isn’t it?

The Greasy Spoon, a restaurant in Anchorage, Alaska (that was a long time ago).

I walked past this Vietnamese restaurant in Rosemead, CA. It was called My Dung. Check out this website:

http://www.rateitall.com/i-101305-my-dung-restaurant-rosemead-ca.aspx

There’s a pho restaurant here called Pho Queen. Someone told me there used to be a **Pho King ** as well. (“Pho” is pronounced “fa”).

That MegaFucks is the landmark by which I have turned right to get to my dad’s house for years and years.

I still laugh at it.

Big Ass Fans has a really great Website. Check it out, especially the Genius NOT at work section. :cool:

The First 5 Bars That Come To Mind:
Tucker Inn: Oceanside, NY
Dragger Inn: A bucket-of-blood in Baldwin, NY
The Pour House: Bellrose Queens
The Cock: (Not following OP’s unappropriate label, cuz it’s an) East Village Gay Bar
Is there still a Dirty Dick’s in Boston?

Others:
Sherlock Homes - Realtor that’ll find you a place to live in RVC, NY
(We have a Curl Up & Dye too) - In Babylon, NY - The owner claims he never saw the Blues Brothers
All these Mexican restaurants & no mention of the chain Cozy-Mel’s?
I still cringe @ The mention of the Humpty Dumpty Memorial Collection Assn - For The Reduction Of Traumatic Brain Injuries To Children & Adults

The Envirolet, Composting Toilet: The ecological & economical solution for cottage, cabin, home or commercial use.

Uncle Booger’s Bumper Dumper

I have a friend that lives on The Lake of the Ozarks. Every once in a while we’ll boat on over to Big Dick’s Halfway Inn . It’s an awesome place and pretty much halfway in the middle of the lake.