Let's Discuss Threads that Piss ME Off

Ever pop into an interesting looking thread only to find that it’s simply a tepid compilation of lists? Favorite bands, movies, etc. Two things:

1. These types of threads are not good reading and generally provoke little or no discussion; they’re just a forum for people to maniacally type in whatever lame bands they like listening to while they jerk off.

2. The questionable and vomitous tastes of some of the SDMB regulars rear their ugly heads in these types of threads; “Hey Bob! I like “Mr. Roboto” too!” “Hey Jane! I think Styx totally rocks too! They’re the best band ever! I come in my pants repeatedly when I listen to one of their records!” “OOOOH, I just love “Friends”, it’s such a good show, I wish I could face-fuck Chandler day and night!” “Hey you know who’s really good? Alanis Morissette. I wish she had a dick so she could fuck me in the ass!”

Thanks for listening.

Tim
“My hovercraft is full of eels.”

That’s a great idea! Let’s list all the lists that piss us off!

They call me MISTER Wizard!

What a great idea, slythe! Let’s see, Number 1:

Lists started by people who think the whole goddamn SDMB exists solely for their amusement and that no posts should be made that could possibly be interesting to anyone else. Such people are generally too fucking stupid to realize that they don’t have to read every single message in every single topic even though they find the whole thing incredibly boring.

Well, hell, that was a damned short list! How about if we all list our favorite flavors of ice cream instead?

I have as much authority as the Pope; I just don’t have as many people who believe it! - George Carlin

I like Vanella…esp. in a root beer float.

I also love chocolate. And chocolate with almonds? Mmmmmmmm!!!

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Ever tried chocolate with peanut butter? Now that’s GOOD!

I also like strawberries-and-cream and peaches-and-cream.
Black Walnut
Blueberry.

And Eskimo Pies - great stuff!

I have as much authority as the Pope; I just don’t have as many people who believe it! - George Carlin

Plain ol’ vanilla with Cajun Chef sauce - try it!

A friend of mine way back in high school used to eat ice cream with potato chips in it. Looked yucky to me - anybody else every tried that?

I love getting a cone at the Marble Slab…I’ll get a nice waffle cone…with a big ass scoop of chocolate with Reeces cup pieces in it…now that is good.

But I still like vanella ice cream better than chocolate ice cream…even though I love chocolate! Kinda strange…

CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT THUNDER!

Its dark chocolate woth chunks of mint cream…like in a PEP bar…MMMMmmmm

Now kelli…that does sound good…

I also like Cookies and Cream.

Will you people please stay on the topic?

Is it that hard for you to do?

You know, since they closed Barney’s I can’t find a decent banana split for love or money.

According to the Pope, a woman can be a saint, but not a priest.

Aww, great. There goes Wally, veering off on some “banana split” tangent. Oh well.

I really love those chocolate mint Girl Scout cookies. Man,I get some of those, and I look like a crack addict with some fresh rocks.

ME TOO!!

My friend Angie keep a box of those mint cookies in the cupboard at her house for when I am in a mood…its like chololate covered valium!

Excuse me, I’m lost.

Which way is the pit?

Oh, this is the pit.

Okeley-dokely, <rolling up his sleeves>

Kelli, you silly little hamster, that stuff that you gorge at Angie’s is junk.

After they make the good stuff, they sweep the floor and sell it to your friend.

You want a real cookie?

You haven’t lived until you’ve eaten a whole bag of Mrs. Feeny’s Double Chocolate Chip.

I hope I got things back on track.

Why do I have to do everything around here?

Love ya.

Now guys, come on. Torgo has a valid complaint and you just laugh at him and turn his thread into a joke. That’s not nice.

Now, back on topic. The threads taht piss me off, eh? We-elll, the best way to explain that would probably be to tell you the story about the time I went to Shelbyville. See, I needed to go to Morganvile- which is what we called Shelbyville in those days- and so I tied an onion to my belt as was the style.

In those days, the ferry to Morganville cost a nickel, which had pictures of a bee on them. “give me 5 bees for a quarter,” we’d say.

Hope that clears things up.

The Ai\ Yue- Ha
FAQ:

1. Eye You-way Han
  2. It’s Chinese.
  3. The symbols are tone marks.
  4. No, I wasn’t drunk when I registered.
  5. Just call me John, OK?

Touche, Nickrz. Touche.

Well, thank you John. It’s nice to see that not everyone around here thinks it’s Let’s-Mock-Torgo-and-Make-Him-Cry-Day.

Tim
“My hovercraft is full of eels.”

Alright, alright. You are correct, John. We really shouldn’t make fun of the OP like this.

Threads that piss me off: When you get a brand new shirt…and I’m talking quality, here…and it ALWAYS has a loose thread hanging out of one of the seams…and you KNOW that the thread is just gonna keep unraveling.

So you hopefully cut it near the base of the seam…but all that does is delay the inevitable…I fuckin’ hate those threads.

< Whew > You’re right. I’m glad to see this topic is finally on track. Let’s keep it that way, m’kay?

The ice cream thread is waaaaaay cool! (Cherry Garcia for me, thank you very much. And on site, at Ben and Jerry’s, of course). Cookies?? Give me President’s Choice Pecan and Chocolate Chip anytime. Heaven.

Geez, I should come to the Pit more often. I thought there was only flaming, and then more flaming. Boy, was I off-track!!