Liberal has been suspended

In light of recent events and after some discussion with staff, Liberal has been given a one-month suspension from the SDMB.

We hope he uses this time to address some of the issues brought forward over the past few days.

your humble TubaDiva

Wow.

Just, “wow.”

For those of us in the dark, link?

I’m not a mod, but in the past several days, there has been some strong interaction with Liberal in this recently-closed pit thread (particularly the last few pages), and these follow up threads.

I hope that Liberal will benefit from the break, and I wish him well with his personal situation.

Best wishes to Lib and Edlyn, and I hope he uses the time off constructively.

Robin

Well, I hope he comes back. I think I have learned more from Liberal correcting me on various topics than I do in most other threads. I don’t know if I agree with him, hell, I can hardly understand him most times, but I do enjoy reading many of his posts.

Whoa. :eek: :frowning:

sends good hopeful vibes to Liberal from afar

Dang.

Well, it’s not like it’s the first time he’s been in trouble on the boards. Maybe the third time will be the charm. I hate it when I see old faces disappear, hopefully it will just be for a month.

The third time Liberal was in trouble here was years ago.

If his health is truly as grave as he described, let’s just hope he finds peace. There are a lot more things in life more important than behavior on a message board.

You bastards! Suspend me.

I, for one, hope his suspension turns into a permanent ban. I don’t know anything about his health, and that isn’t the point. His behavior on this message board is atrocious and has been for years.

As usual,Spiritus said it best

It’s going to be a very long month :frowning:

What BoLibDem said. Take it easy, Liberal. Read stuff, play chess, take Edlyn out to dinner. We’ll all be here when you come back (mostly).

I wonder what would happen if those who are so frustrated and manipulated by {b]Liberal’s** posts spent the next 30 days asking themselves why they surrender that much control over their emotions and reactions to him.

I look forward to your return, you old goat!

And to think this whole mess started with an innocent little Daily Show thread in Cafe Society.

Is this suspension thing new? I’ve only ever seen people get banned.

In June we began a (general) policy of 30 day suspensions rather than bannings for established posters.
A pair of staff comments.

:eek: