Lindsay, you crack me up

“I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health. I appreciate your well wishes and ask that you please respect my privacy at this time,” said the 20-year-old actress in a statement issued Wednesday through her publicist, Leslie Sloane Zelnick."

Generally, when I want something kept private, I don’t release through a publicist…
*Lohan told People magazine then that she had been going to the [AA] meetings for a year.

“I haven’t had a drink in seven days. Or anything,” she said to People. “I’m not even legal to, so why would I? I don’t drink when I go to clubs. I drink with my friends at home, but there’s no need to. I feel better not drinking. It’s more fun. I have Red Bull.”*
OK, fair enough (although the “not legal” part is pretty funny). But then we hear that…
Lohan didn’t attend the awards show, but went to the parties later and wound up at Prince’s after-after party at the Beverly Wilshire, Page Six reported. Witnesses told Page Six she caroused until 6 a.m. Tuesday and was later found passed out in a hotel hallway.
Babe, you may want to double up on the meetings,'k? :smack:

… as opposed to, at any other time in her career? :dubious:

If she wants people to respect her privacy a little more, maybe she should invest in a button-and-zipper company.

Or buy a pair of panties.

“I have made a proactive decision to take care of my personal health…”
Witnesses told Page Six she caroused until 6 a.m. Tuesday and was later found passed out in a hotel hallway.

Maybe not as proactive as you’d like to think. Sounds a little more reactive than proactive.

Sounds like you’re confusing her with Britney Spears.

Sadly, no. LL had a well-publicized “flash” at–of all places–the Nickelodeon Kid’s Choice Awards! Can’t link since it’s NSFW, but a quick trip thru the google will reveal all.

No no no, the short skirt/forgot-my-panties gambit goes like this:

Farrah Fawcett => That chick playing tennis => Paris Hilton => Lindsey Lohan => Britney Spears

You need to keep up on your muff, dude!

I loathe statements like this. I mean I really despise these flippant remarks that are used to tear down celebrities. Do you ever have a need for a publicist?

From the very little I know about Ms. Lohan, it sounds like she was really cute child actress that had some incredibly screwed up parents and now appears to be an alcoholic. From the story quoted it sounds like she is beginning to realize she has a problem, is trying to get help, and slipped up a few nights ago. Assuming this is all true (feel free to correct me), it’s going to take someone 20 years old a long time to fully admit they have a problem and begin to get it under control.

Why can’t anyone* leave this girl alone?

*not directed specifically to anyone here, more just a general musing on tabloids and such.

I would say she appears to be an alcoholic and a coke head.

My gut feeling is that she is in rehab for coke, and the alcohol is a convenient cover story.

Aside from the cocain rumors swirling around her, it’s hard to look at her now compared to when she was 17 and not see heavy coke use.